Wikimedia Foundation headquarters
|Wikimedia Foundation staff and contractors participate with the volunteer community in maintaining this page's content.|
The Wikimedia Foundation's headquarters is located on the 16th floor of One Montgomery Tower in San Francisco in California within the United States. The building is near two other locations in San Francisco that the Foundation previously used as its headquarters. Prior to moving to San Francisco, the headquarters was located in St. Petersburg in Florida within the United States.
|Mailing address||1 Montgomery Street, Suite 1600, San Francisco, California 94104|
|Physical address||120 Kearny Street, 16th Floor, San Francisco, California 94104|
|Headquarters||1 October 2017 - present|
|Building LEED Certification||Gold|
|Total office space||19,157 square feet (1,779.7 m2)|
The majority of Wikimedia Foundation staff do not work from the headquarters in San Francisco.
One Montgomery TowerEdit
One Montgomery Tower, part of the Post Montgomery Center complex, is a 38-story office building connected to the Crocker Galleria mall.
This location is a couple of blocks away from our previous location at 149 New Montgomery Street, is LEED certified, and allowed us to reduce our square footage while meeting our office space priorities for collaboration.
One Montgomery Tower is located at the northeast corner of Post and Kearny Streets in the financial district of San Francisco, California. Its main entrance is on Kearny Street.
Parking is available at numerous private parking garages in the Financial District. There is very limited street parking near One Montgomery Tower.
- The Montgomery BART/MUNI Metro station is one block away at Market & Montgomery
- There are many MUNI bus stops within one block:
- Kearny & Geary (inbound 8/8AX/8BX, 81X; outbound 30, 38/38R, 45)
- Market & Montgomery (inbound F, 6, 7X, 9/9R, 21, 31; outbound 5/5R, 7X, 21, 31, 38/38R)
- Market & 2nd (outbound F, 6, 7/7R, 9/9R)
- Market & 3rd (inbound F, 5/5R, 6, 7/7R/7X, 9/9R, 21, 31, 38/38R)
- Kearny & Sutter (inbound 3, 8/8AX/8BX, 81X; outbound 2, 3, 30, 45)
- Post & Montgomery (inbound 2)
- Options from the Caltrain station at 4th & King:
- The 30 and 45 busses pick up on Townsend Street between 4th and 3rd and drop off at Kearny & Geary.
- The 10 bus picks up at 4th & Townsend and drops off on 2nd Street near Market
- At limited times during the morning peak, the 81X bus goes directly from 4th & Townsend to Kearny & Geary
Entering the officeEdit
Please note that the Wikimedia Foundation offices are not open to the public. You must have an invitation or appointment before your arrival.
There are multiple ways to access One Montgomery Tower throughout Post Montgomery Center. These directions focus on the main entrance on Kearny Street.
One Montgomery Tower is the fourth location which the Wikimedia Foundation has utilized for its headquarters, and the third in San Francisco.
St. Petersburg, FloridaEdit
From the Wikimedia Foundation's founding in 2003 until 2007, the Wikimedia Foundation was located in St. Petersburg in Florida within the United States. The headquarters in Florida was closed on 31 January 2008.
39 Stillman StreetEdit
In 2007, the Wikimedia Foundation decided to move from its Florida office. San Francisco was chosen as the destination and the move was completed by the end of January 2008.
149 New Montgomery StreetEdit
In 2009, the Wikimedia Foundation moved approximately half a mile (under a kilometer) to 149 New Montgomery Street, and eventually occupied three floors of the building until October 2017.
|Wikimedia Foundation staff and contractors do not actively participate in maintaining this section's content.|
|(Future minimum payments)|
The Wikimedia Foundation entered into a seven-year non-cancelable operating lease for its current office headquarters in San Francisco on 4 April 2017, which began on 1 October 2017 and concludes in 2024. The lease provides the Wikimedia Foundation the option to extend the lease term for one additional period of five years.