The following request for comments is closed. This feature is launching by default on all wikis, later today. See mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:Notifications/Cross-wiki for details, including opt-out instructions, and requests for further feedback.
Statement of the issueEdit
- Most of users on Meta are only casual users. A process take time, so after starting it they forget to check his progress. And most of them forget to activate the Cross-wiki notifs.
- This would be handy to have a wiki where you can easily contact users between wikis
- Support as creator. Archi38 (talk) 07:49, 14 April 2016 (UTC)
- Neutral I think this is not needed since the cross-wiki notifications can be enabled at any other wiki, but I will not oppose.--Syum90 (talk) 08:26, 14 April 2016 (UTC)
- Comment I was under the impression that they will be enabled eventually by default at every wiki, as soon as testing phase is over, and if so there is no need imo for a vote. But if I understood it wrong and x-wiki notifications will stay optional, then, surely I Support the proposal.—Ah3kal (talk) 18:41, 14 April 2016 (UTC)
- Support though I think this is in the works anyway. Ajraddatz (talk) 18:49, 14 April 2016 (UTC)
- Support I am not sure if enabling by default at every wiki is good idea, you know how they care about their independence. But I see no problem in doing it at meta level, it is intrinsically rooted in the role of meta of keeping users from different platform together, of course you need to be cross-wiki informed.--Alexmar983 (talk) 12:37, 30 April 2016 (UTC)