The following request for comments is closed. Even discounting my own comment, it seems clear after more than a month of discussion that Meta-Wiki folks don't want such a feature enabled in here. —MarcoAurelio 14:25, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
Hello, I suggest to add Flow to beta features at the user talk namespace. That mean that every user can decide to have his talk page under Flow or normal page system.
- Short explanation – what is Flow?
- Flow is a project for building a modern discussion and collaboration system for Wikimedia projects.
- It provides features that are present on most modern websites, but which are not possible to implement in wikitext. For example, Flow automatically signs users' posts on talk pages, threads replies, and permits per-topic notifications.
- The main goals for the Flow project are:
- to make the wiki discussion system more accessible for new users
- to make the wiki discussion system more efficient for experienced users
- to encourage meaningful conversations that support collaboration
- Archi38 (talk) 18:00, 12 May 2016 (UTC)
- Support as creator. Flow is a really good feature Archi38 (talk) 17:59, 12 May 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose I don't think it's a good idea to enable another LiquidThreads-like feature that isn't very well liked and won't be universally rolled out, and where support may drop off and we're stuck with a bunch of data in a format that has to be migrated to something else. --Rschen7754 18:19, 12 May 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose Per my previous oppose votes on several proposals to have this feature enabled here. Also per Rschen7754. —MarcoAurelio 10:35, 14 May 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose Apart from my preference over the current system, I fail to see why flow will make discussions more accessible and more efficient, and even more that it will "encourage meaningful conversations that support collaboration". Giving a new user a third mode of edit is, in my understanding, more confussing and discouraging. New and experienced users will have to learn and get used to a discussion system foreign to wiki editing. New users using only VisualEditor will have a harder time to familiarize themselves with editing source wikitext if talk pages won't use it anymore. —Ah3kal (talk) 05:36, 25 May 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose - as long as I breathe, I will never support this stupid feature..haven't the devs screwed up the wikis enough?--Stemoc 05:42, 25 May 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose. Actually I would probably be pro LT, but Flow is much worse (I do not care if its backend is better). Hard time using, hard time maintaining, nah devs should have a private wiki where they can install whatever weirdness they like and play there, but as per above the Wikimedia wikis were screwed up more than enough already. --Base (talk) 02:21, 10 June 2016 (UTC)