Following the success of the virtual "London" meetups, which actually attracted attendees from across the UK, we're going to keep hosting UK virtual meetups using Zoom. The plan is to hold these on the fourth Sunday of every month.
|London 177||12 December|
|UK virtual 7||15 December|
|London 176||14 November|
|UK virtual 6||25 November|
|Hong Kong 128 (virtual)||19 September|
|Cambridge 44 (Wikimania)||14 August|
|wikiBlind & wikiKind
|Beijing 19||1 January|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
UK virtual Wikimedia Meetup 5Edit
Date and time: Sunday 24 October 2021 13:00—18:00
(join at any time you can, no need to stay for the whole afternoon)
We will use Zoom video chat, the link is below. the wub will host.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians, and complete newbies are also welcome, as is anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. We typically chat about goings-on in the Wiki-verse and life in general, and sometimes will work together on some editing. If you have suggestions for topics, please add them below.
Note that we're using video conferencing, but there's no obligation to have your camera on if you prefer not to show your face. Or indeed your microphone: some people do just come along and listen in.
Feel free to join from anywhere you may be, in the UK or elsewhere! And please invite any Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) who might be interested – spread the word!
And if using the app: Meeting ID: 848 0556 6882 Passcode: 592828
Add your name to the list by adding an asterisk and four tildes like this:
- the wub "?!" 22:34, 13 October 2021 (UTC)
- Mike Peel (talk) 15:40, 14 October 2021 (UTC)
- Rich Farmbrough 21:50 15 October 2021 (GMT).
- — GhostInTheMachine talk to me 08:00, 17 October 2021 (UTC)
- Dreamy Jazz talk to me | enwiki 16:07, 17 October 2021 (UTC)
- I hope to be along! Chris Keating (The Land) (talk) 15:48, 22 October 2021 (UTC)
- Should be Johnbod (talk) 03:38, 24 October 2021 (UTC)
May be attendingEdit
- Likely be free at some point in the afternoon. Joseph2302 (talk) 08:40, 14 October 2021 (UTC)
- Andrew D. (talk) 16:02, 15 October 2021 (UTC)
- Will depend on wether the weather is good enough to take the boat out.Rodw (talk) 15:43, 19 October 2021 (UTC)
- Multiple things happening, I will try to pop in for an hour or so. ClemRutter (talk) 16:41, 21 October 2021 (UTC)