A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
- Exchange books, maps and other source materials.
|London 176||14 November|
|UK virtual 5||24 October|
|London 175||10 October|
|UK virtual 4||26 September|
|Hong Kong 128 (virtual)||19 September|
|Cambridge 44 (Wikimania)||14 August|
|wikiBlind & wikiKind
|Beijing 19||1 January|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 12 September 2021 — 13:00 onwards
(join at any time you can, no need to stay for the whole afternoon)
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians; however, this is also an open invitation to anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer. Alcohol consumption is optional.
People of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome. Complete newbies also welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
Add your name to the list by adding an asterisk and four tildes like this: * ~~~~
- the wub "?!" 22:53, 22 August 2021 (UTC)
- Probably (prevented by computer issues last time) Johnbod (talk) 03:31, 25 August 2021 (UTC)
- May do - generally avoiding trips into London but I’m very tempted.Mccapra (talk) 13:08, 28 August 2021 (UTC)
- Philafrenzy (talk) 14:40, 1 September 2021 (UTC)
- Hope to be able to make this one! Edwardx (talk) 16:18, 1 September 2021 (UTC)
- Serendipodous (talk) 22:49, 4 September 2021 (UTC) Should be there.
- Broichmore (talk) 11:44, 5 September 2021 (UTC)
May be attendingEdit
- Have wanted to attend one of these for a long time. If schedule permits, I'll be there! Kohlrabi Pickle (talk) 20:15, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- Hopefully, but can't make any promises. I've missed the in person meetups. Amakuru (talk) 22:58, 31 August 2021 (UTC)
- Andrew D. (talk) 20:21, 1 September 2021 (UTC)
- Sorry, I want to but can't. Big hug for Clem if they come and watch their coffee. Whispyhistory (talk) 07:46, 12 September 2021 (UTC)
- Long way from Scotland but can I add a virtual hug for Clem. Women in Red is organising a 24 hour editathon for Ada Lovelace day based at the Pankhurst Centre in the UK. See the [www.womeninred.org Women in Red talk page] if you have a parallel event or want to join in. Clem's training guides may be useful. Victuallers (talk) 10:49, 12 September 2021 (UTC)
Interested but not attendingEdit
- Sorry for missing last virtual, interested but time issues and still avoiding unnecessary travels so unless I've a co-reason to smoke .... Djm-leighpark (talk) 23:47, 22 August 2021 (UTC)
- Am away. Joseph2302 (talk) 08:09, 23 August 2021 (UTC)