problemIt is difficult to carry out evaluation and sharing because of language barriers
creator• Deror avi
created on21 October, 2013
What problem does this solve?Edit
There are a lot of resources to evaluate programs and projects, but most of these are in English. It is difficult to carry out evaluation and sharing learning processes when facing these language barriers.
What is the solution?Edit
A number of steps can be taken in order to put translation in the agenda.
- Chapters can prioritize translation as a service to its communities.
- Give support to grantees to get translations.
- Give assistance in finding easily collected metrics that can be gathered by volunteers.
Translations take time, but a good result usually opens doors and might generate more engagement.
When to useEdit
When some content is useful and could be used across the movement, by different organizations or users. This content may refer to processes, could also be resources or simple stories to share with anyone.
Other Learning Patterns from Wikimania 2014Edit
- Fear of editing
- New users are afraid of doing something wrong
- Help the "deletionists' victims"
- Wikipedia visual museum
- Inspiring and thought-provoking panel discussion from Wikimania 2021: English as a lingua franca of the Wikimedia movement: how do we ensure people's inclusion?