Learning patterns/Help the "deletionists' victims"
(Redirected from Grants:Learning patterns/Help the "deletionists' victims")
Help the "deletionists' victims"
problemMany new but promising editors encounter that one of their articles gets marked for deletion.
solutionAs an experienced user, help new users actively following a few steps.
created on10 September, 2014
What problem does this solve?Edit
Many new but promising editors encounter that one of their articles gets marked for deletion. This often happens because they are not yet acquainted with some «rules», like NPOV, citing sources and more.
What is the solution?Edit
If you are an experienced editor, help new editors actively by:
- Putting AFD on your watchlist and check it as often as you can.
- Identify the promising articles and get in touch with their (newbie) authors.
- Jump in, do what you can to improve the articles they wrote and coach the newbies!
When to useEdit
When you spot a new editor that is talented and needs help.
- María C.
- Happens all the time... Saintfevrier (talk) 21:46, 20 February 2016 (UTC)
- I loved doing that on itWikipedia.−−Alexmar983 (talk) 05:47, 18 March 2016 (UTC)
- I'm a deletionists victim Javier José Moreno Tovar18 (talk) 23:51, 9 April 2016 (UTC)
- Mix newcomers and veterans
- Creating new articles
- Fear of editing
- Grants:Learning patterns/New users are afraid of doing something wrong