Learning patterns/Rail travel
creator• Bgibbs (WMF)
created on05:09, 31 January 2015 (UTC)
What problem does this solve?Edit
How can safe and cost-effective rail travel be arranged?
- For general information about travel planning please see Grants:Learning patterns/Arranging travel.
What is the solution?Edit
There are many considerations and problems that may arise when planning rail travel, particularly over long distances or for large groups of people.
Things to considerEdit
Rail travel may be an economical (or uneconomical but convenient) and enjoyable alternative to air travel.
- Wikivoyage has extensive tips about rail travel.
- In the United States, public rail service is provided by Amtrak as well as local transport agencies.
- In Europe, consider Eurail and InterRail.
- Some nations have high-speed rail service, such as the Japanese Shinkansen. High speed trains are sometimes called "bullet trains".
- Rail travel options may be available for both long-distance and short-distance trips.
- Some locations may have subways.
Some safety tips for using public transportation are available in these locations:
- Stay safe guide on Wikivoyage
- 8 Travel Safety Tips for Public Transportation by travelinsurancereview.net (external link)
When to useEdit
Train is good to travel to the event, but is not necessarily good for daily travel to a venue during a conference.
- Grants:Learning patterns/Arranging travel
- Grants:Learning patterns/International travel
- Grants:Learning patterns/Air travel
- Grants:Learning patterns/Automobile travel
- Grants:Learning patterns/Short-distance travel