International Mother Language Day 2022 edit-a-thon
|International Mother Language Day 2022 edit-a-thon|
A wiki-event is planned on 19 and 20 February 2022
|Begins||19 February 2022|
|Ends||20 February 2022|
International Mother Language Day 2022 edit-a-thon is an edit-a-thon which is going to be conducted for two days based on the occasion of International Mother Language Day (2022). This edit-a-thon is part of the mini edit-a-thon series. The special day is on 21 February 2022 because a suitable weekend is on 19 and 20 February, so, the edit-a-thon take place on 19& 20 February. During these days, Wikimedians will celebrate the very important day to create or develop the content regarding languages, directly or indirectly.
Theme & objective
- To know the importance of the language and celebrate the day of language with all over the world.
- To encourage others towards languages and spread awareness about how crucial languages are.
This is an online event only, just like the previous mini edit-a-thons. No on-ground activity/event is planned during the event because we do not have space to conduct any kind of physical activity.
For participating in this edit-a-thon, you can choose/edit any Wikimedia project such as Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata, Wikisource, Wikiquote etc and make some improvements, just like previous edit-a-thons. These are some contributions you can make:
- Create a Wikipedia article on any language or language-related stuff.
- If the article already exists then you can expand a Wikipedia article (or you can copyedit, add reliable references, fix typos, add relevant images etc.)
- Create Wikidata items or improve Wikidata items related to any language, dialect or any stuff regarding language such as books, documentaries, language experts or so on.
- Upload or improve images on Wikimedia Commons. Please see photos in gallery Language (please also see numerous subcategories). Other than uploading images, you may improve image details such as improving description, writing image descriptions in your native languages, adding/improving structured data etc. Also, you can add photos to Wikipedia articles, which do not have enough photos, from Wikimedia commons. Wikimedians can also create their own SVGs and upload to Wikimedia Commons.
- You can work on Wikisource as well if you have any book on book/article which you have on Wikisource. Proofread any page related to a specific language-related book in your own language.
- Add or improve quotes on Wikiquotes.
- This edit-a-thon is not limited to any specific Wikimedia project. You can select any Wikimedia project (like; Wikibooks, Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, Wikipedia, Wikisource etc.) of your interest to contribute about languages.
Note: All edits must follow a project's and the community's policies and guidelines. Please consider making a high-quality contribution. You can work on more than one project.
Special note: Please write your username below. Please mention only those projects with language name where you will work on during the edit-a-thon. We'll check your contribution on the mentioned projects only. You may change the projects during/after the edit-a-thon.
- User:Example, Tamil Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons
- Kasyap (talk) 05:30, 14 February 2022 (UTC) (Telugu)
- ᱥᱟᱹᱜᱩᱱ ᱗ (talk) 10:37, 14 February 2022 (UTC) (Santali Wikipedia)
- Obaid Raza (talk) 13:23, 15 February 2022 (UTC) (Urdu)
- Sangram Keshari Senapati (talk) 13:23, 15 February 2022 (UTC)
- JyotiPN (talk) 14:19, 15 February 2022 (UTC)JyotiPN, Assamese Wikipedia, Assamaese Wikisource
- Meenakshi nandhini (talk) 14:27, 15 February 2022 (UTC) Malayalam Wikipedia,Wikidata
- Mahalingam, Tamil Wikipedia, Wikisource and Wikidata
- --Jagseer S Sidhu (talk) 14:45, 15 February 2022 (UTC) Punjabi Wikipedia, Wikisource
- Gill jassu (talk) 15:58, 15 February 2022 (UTC)
- ঈশান জ্যোতি বৰা (talk) 17:28, 15 February 2022 (UTC)
- Mohammad Hasanur Rashid ([User Talk:মোহাম্মদ হাসানুর রশিদ|আলাপ]]) 5:22, 16 February 2022 (UTC) Bangla Wikipedia, Wikidata
- 04:24, 16 February 2022 (UTC)
- Kuldhar Rabha (talk) 16:17, 16 February 2022 (UTC) Assamese Wikipedia, Assamese Wikisource, Wikidata
- R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (talk) 16:36, 18 February 2022 (UTC) (Santali Wikipedia)
- Salil Kumar Mukherjee (talk) 18:16, 18 February 2022 (UTC) Bengali Wikipedia, Bengali wiktionary, Wikidata, Bengali Wikiquote, Bengali Wikisource, Wikimedia Commons
- Premchand murmu thakur (talk) 01:30, 19 February 2022 (UTC) (Santali Wikipedia)
- Vijay Barot (talk) 03:45, 19 February 2022 (UTC) (Gujarati Wikipedia)
- --Hellohappy (talk) 08:37, 19 February 2022 (UTC) (Odia Wikipedia)
- Dugal harpreet (talk) 05:16, 20 February 2022 (UTC) (Punjabi Wikipedia)
- #Rajdeep ghuman (talk) 05:25, 20 February 2022 (UTC)
- Chandan Chiring Phukon Let's chat 06:46, 20 February 2022 (UTC) (Assamese wikipedia, Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons)
- Prajjwal3959 (talk) 11:08, 20 February 2022 (UTC) (Hindi Wikipedia)
Meenakshi nandhini (Malayalam)
- ml:Bahing language
- ml:Bantawa language
- ml:Belhare language
- ml:Chamling language
- ml:Raji language
- ml:Jumli language
- ml:Naapa language
- ml:Nubri language
- ml:Kaike language
Pritiranjan Tripathy (ODIA)
Sangram Keshari Senapati (ODIA)
ᱥᱟᱹᱜᱩᱱ ᱗ (SANTALI)
Pranjyoti Nath (Assamese)
- বলাই-বিহুলী (Proofread total 39 pages from 3 to 42)(Assamese Wikisource)
- Atul Lahkar (Assamese Wikipedia)
- बंतावा भाषा
- राजी भाषा
- नापा भाषा
- नुबरी भाषा
- नागा भाषाएं
- खमयांग भाषा
- चितकुली किन्नौरी भाषा
- झांग झुंग भाषा
- रंगस भाषा
- धुलेली भाषा
- चौडांगसी भाषा
- लाया बोली
- लुनाना बोली
- ग्रोमा भाषा
- ब्रोक्कट भाषा
Vijay Barot (Gujarati)
Dugal harpreet (Punjabi)
- ਕਿਤਾਬ ਦਾ ਮੁੱਖ ਪੰਨਾ
- ਮੁੱਖ ਪੰਨਾ
During this two-day long edit-a-thon 11 participants participated. It was the first edit-a-thon for celebrating International Mother Language Day. The participants were from 6 languages, Assamese, Hindi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Santali, Telugu. From all Wikimedia project editors. especially, edited Wikipedias. Wikisource and Wikidaate were also edited. Around 34 articles were created about language, directly or indirectly. Approximately 10 articles were edited or expanded.
User:Prajjwal3959 created 15 articles on Hindi Wikipedia. User:Meenakshi nandhini, Malayalam Wikimedian, created 10 articles. Also edited 10 items on Wikidata. From Odia User:Hellohappy and User:Ssgapu22 participated and created two articles on Odia Wikipedia. Telugu Wikimedian, User:Kasyap created 2 articles on Telugu Wikipedia. Veteran Wikimedian User:Vijay Barot participated and created an article about Internation Mother Language Day in Gujurati. Santali editor User:ᱥᱟᱹᱜᱩᱱ ᱗ created two articles. Punjabi Wikimedian User:Jagseer S Sidhu edited 7 articles and User:Gill jassu created one article on Punjabi Wikipedia.
For any query related to the event please contact Nitesh (CIS-A2K) or leave a message on the event talk page.