The Igbo Wikimedia user group internal grant is an intervention scheme supported by the Wikimedia foundation. The scheme enables volunteers, editors, groups, community members or organizations to carry out projects that supports Wikimedia visions and missions. Some of the projects that we could support includes Wikidata, Wiki commons, Wikiquotes, Wikipedia, Wikisource, Wikinews, Wikiversity, and so on
- Individuals, Groups or Organizations may apply
- The applicant must be active in the group offline or online as an individual, group, or as an organization
- You may submit your grant request or report in Igbo or English language.
- Grants maximum amount is 500 USD (or its equivalent in Naira).
- Grants should fund one discrete project
- Projects focusing on increasing the number of articles or words in Igbo Wikipedia or Igbo Wiktionary.
- Projects focusing on creating awareness of the different Wikimedia projects in the Igbo Language.
- Projects focusing on improving the quality of contents in Igbo Wikipedia, Wikiquote or Wiktionary.
- Projects focusing on increasing the number of new & dedicated volunteer editors.
- Projects focusing on adding usable Igbo cultural contents on WikiCommons to be used on Wikipedia and other projects.
- Projects focusing on increasing Igbo language lexicographical data in Wikidata.
- Projects focused on increasing items on Wikidata.
- Projects focusing on introducing editors to new projects (Wikisource, Wiki Voyage etc)
- Projects focusing on translating the Translatewiki interface.
- Applicants must be in good community and legal standing according to the assessments of the Wikimedia Foundation's Trust & Safety Team and the Community Resources Team.
- Applicants (including individuals and groups involved with the application) must be in compliance with all current and past grant agreements with the Wikimedia Foundation. They must not have any late, past due, or incomplete grant reports.
- Applicants that repeatedly do not respond to requests for information about their applications or grants, or who have mismanaged past grants or applications may be made ineligible for future grants.
- Applicants should be in good standing in regard to ethical behavior within the community (e.g. social behavior, financial behavior, legal behavior, etc), as determined through the due diligence process of the grant program. Past instances, as well as current investigations or incidents, will be considered by the User group when determining the eligibility of each applicant.
- Applicants had not been blocked, banned, or otherwise flagged by Wikimedia Foundation or an affiliate for violations of friendly space expectations or friendly space policies, or for other types of violations or conduct issues. If such issues have occurred in the past, the applicant is required to demonstrate learning and understanding in regard to the cause for the issue, such that they are ready to serve as a role model for others as a grantee.
When selecting applications we consider the following criteria:
- Strategic priority: Does your activities improve one or more of Wikimedia’s existing websites?
- Potential outcomes and impact: What are the concrete outcomes that are anticipated as a result of the activities? What difference do you expect your project to make?
- Contribution record: Do you have a history of engaging with Wikimedia projects and communities?
- Support and endorsement: Do you have sufficient volunteers to complete the project?
Click the button to apply
After your application, send a notification email to firstname.lastname@example.org
PROJECT EXECUTION AND REPORT WRITTING
- You are to track your project with the outreach dashboard which can be found on https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org Add Goodness Ignatius, Udeh Benedict and Tochipreciuos as Co-Facilitators
- If your project is on a wiki project that is still in the incubator like Igbo Wiktionary, you are to note every edit made during the project and include them and the editor's usernames on the report page
- Endeavour to finish the project within the time that you specified in the project proposal
- If for any reason you are not able to finish within the specified time, you are to seek permission for an extension of time by sending a request to email@example.com
- After the project, you are to write a report within 30 days from the date that you stated that the project will be concluded.
- The report shall be written on
IGBO WIKIMEDIANS UG INTERNAL GRANT REPORT PAGE HERE