Hardware donation program/xibitgh
Your contact informationEdit
- your username :
- your contact e-mail (optional) :
Explain your planEdit
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you.
I am a trainer and a leader of an independent affiliate group Kumasi Wiki Hub.I train new editors in my region online and offline meetings.I do organise edit a thons in my community.Currently doing Kiwix training in senior secondary schools in my region.I have trained over 150 students and done over 20 installations in the respective schools.The training focuses on Introduction to Wikipedia .Information Literacy and how to use Kiwix to access wikipedia. This is an advocacy framework for the movement based on the survey done in the schools about their knowledge about Wikipedia and other sister projects.
Having the laptop would make it easier for presentations and also storing the Kiwix installer and all the zim files.
It will also make demonstrations of the various projects on wikipedia very effective.I believe that it will also help in the survey report and documenting the statistics with the kiwix project.The laptop will also be of help storing pictures for commons albeit preparation of presentations for community outreach.It will be of great help in participating in the Wikimedia Greenhouse Education Program.
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- Wikimedia commons
- Wikimedia Education Program
- Akan Wikipedia
- Twi Wikipedia
Work you're proud ofEdit
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- I endorse this request. —M@sssly✉ 14:36, 26 December 2019 (UTC)
- I fully endorse this req uest. He can do more if he gets a laptop.Shahadusadik (talk) 14:46, 26 December 2019 (UT
- I endorse this request Sunkanmi12 (talk) 19:36, 26 December 2019 (UTC)
- I have worked with Marxberg and I know the quality work he does. I wholeheartedly support his request which I believe will go a long way to strengthen the work he does.Rberchie (talk) 14:00, 27 December 2019 (UTC)
- I believe Maxwell will continue to spearhead activities of Wikimedia in his community. Also,he being a beneficiary of the hardware is endorsed.Joy Agyepong (talk) 16:25, 27 December 2019 (UTC)
- Maxwell has been a goal oriented person to this open movement and has contributed a lot in his community and affiliate to the Wikimedia Foundation.I strongly believe he will be a good beneficiary for this hardware donation program.So I therefore endorse him as a beneficiary for this hardware donation program. Joris Darlington Quarshie (talk) 12:05,29 December 2019 (UTC)
- Max is new but shown leadership in the work he does, he is an avid member of the Ghanaian community and leads Wikimedia activities in the Ashanti region, receiving this laptop will do a lot of good for him and his community --Flixtey (talk) 01:24, 10 January 2020 (UTC)
- I endorse his request...Max introduce me to wikimedia Foundation and it affiliate Open Foundation West Africa and also educated me on how to edit on wikimedia. A new laptop will help him train and introduce new peoples to the wikimedia project. --NanaYawBotar (talk) 19:10, 13 January 2020 (UTC)