Hardware donation program/Terraflorin
Your contact informationEdit
- your username
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your planEdit
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you.
I have been editing since June 2009 on Wikimedia projects especially at ro.wikipedia.org where I have created over 11000 new articles. In addition I have created hundreds of templates for the project. I am currently using an HP 650 Notebook (probably) from 2013 which restarts many times each day and thus I lose all unsaved contributions. Also now I can't work on very large articles because the computer crashes. I need a laptop to work properly for better contributions to the Wikimedia projects.
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- Terraflorin is one of the most active Romanian Wikipedia editors, and the fourth top editor overall, with over 120.000 edits. Without him, ro:Wiki would have lacked vital articles in the fields of film and astronomy.Ionutzmovie (talk) 09:13, 13 October 2019 (UTC)
- --FonAfon (talk) 14:11, 17 October 2019 (UTC)
- He is also a very prolific user, from whom I had a lot to learn. I agree with the statement that without him, ro:Wiki would have lacked vital articles.Accipiter Gentilis Q. (talk) 18:24, 21 October 2019 (UTC)
- Terraflorin is one of the most prolific contributors on Romanian Wikipedia, as well as on Wikidata and Wikimedia Commons. --Sîmbotin (talk) 18:26, 21 October 2019 (UTC)
- Terraflorin is a true encyclopedist and our small community needs him. Donarius (talk) 18:34, 21 October 2019 (UTC)
- --Kunok Kipcsak (talk) 10:12, 22 October 2019 (UTC)
- --Luzomim (talk) 12:36, 22 October 2019 (UTC)
- Terraflorin is one of the most prolific users in the history of Romanian Wikipedia. Very frequently I end up working with him on minor stuff (like managing images), just because he happens to create A LOT of articles. It will be a great day for me the day I'll know Terraflorin has better means to contribute. Gikü (talk) 19:23, 22 October 2019 (UTC)
- Per all of the above.--Strainu (talk) 09:11, 12 June 2020 (UTC)
You are encouraged to track the impact this equipment has helped you make. This encourages WMF to donate more hardware.