Hardware donation program/Robertjamal12
Your contact informationEdit
- your username
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your planEdit
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you.
I contribute to the English Wikipedia and a key member of Wikimedia Ghana User Group. I represent the community in the Eastern Part of Ghana as the Coordinator and frequently organise editathons in the Region to save the stress of travelling almost 3 hours for editathons in Accra.I have been to all editathons organised by the Community this year. My current laptop automatically reboot itself and freezes occasionally and this makes it difficult for me to do work on time in my volunteer time. i find it stressful and difficult using my current laptop to lead presentations during editathons and workshops. A new laptop would help me work more efficiently with my work as a volunteer for Wikimedia Ghana User Group and in effect the Wikimedia Foundation.
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- Wikimedia Commons
- Twi Wikipedia
Work you're proud ofEdit
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
- I led our first Wikipedia editathon in the Eastern Region for Wikimedia Ghana User Group.(
- I was part of the Wikimedia Ghana User Group team that partnered with Global innovation Gathering to edit and create articles on migration, i attended both editathons in Accra and Kumasi(
- I was part and present at the Wikimedia 2030 stragegy salon in Accra 2019 (
- I organised and led our first Wikipedia Edit-a-thon this year 2020(
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- It will be really beneficial for the community here in Ghana and the Wikimedia movement if this hardware is approved for Robert. -- Noahalorwu (talk)
- Support - Robert helps with meetups and this hardware donation can make his community support and volunteering easier. --Nkansahrexford (talk) 19:13, 7 December 2019 (UTC)
- I support this request from Robert. He helps out in the Wikimedia Ghana User Group community activities -- Randybaah
- Support Robert is a recent recruit who join the user group and his dedication so far has been exemplary. If he is approved the Laptop would go a long way to improve the hardwork he already is showing.--Owula kpakpo (talk) 16:37, 9 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support - Robert is dedicated to the Wikimedia Ghana User Group and has learned really fast, and is now in charge of our workshops in Koforidua, so facilitators don't have to travel from Accra. A laptop is essential to his and our work. Sandiooses (talk) 15:21, 11 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support - Robert is dedicated to the Wikimedia Ghana User Group and in charge of our workshops in Koforidua, Hence,A laptop is highly essential to his work.Goddyliz(talk)