Hardware donation program/Neima Paz
Your contact informationEdit
- your username
- Neima Paz
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your planEdit
My name is Neima Paz, I'm editor of the Wikipedia (in the incubator) in Wayuunaiki, the largest aboriginal language spoken in Venezuela and Colombia, I am the daughter of the wayuu writer and poet Ramón Paz Ipuana.
I have been actively working on translating content from the Spanish Wikipedia since the first edit-a-thon of indigenous languages held in Maracaibo in 2018.
I have no purchasing power to buy a laptop and because of that, my edits have been mostly sporadic, from my work. I would like to continue editing Wikipedia, in part to teach other people of my ethnicity to edit and expand the influence of the free knowledge in our community, in my own tongue.
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- Spanish Wikipedia
- Incubator Wikipedia in Wayuunaiki
- Wikimedia Commons
Work you're proud ofEdit
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
- Being the first female member of the wayuú community actively working in Wikipedia.
- Participant of workshops and edit-a-thons regarding our heritage in both Maicao (Colombia) and Maracaibo (Venezuela)
- Representative of the Ramón Paz Ipuana succession for children's books with Ekaré.
- Strong support I support this application as i believe this laptop will help in more contributions to Wikimedia projects. Neima's work is incredible, and she's a leader for the community in wayuunaiki and WMVE at large. --Ybsen lucero (talk) 17:46, 9 December 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support I fully support the assignment of a work team for Neyma. I know and trust that it will be put to good positive use in building and contributing to the Wayu community and the Wayunaiki language in Venezuela. Strong support. --#Unknown (talk) 21:42, 9 December 2019 (UTC)
- I have closely followed Neima's activities in Maracaibo over the past year and consider that a hardware equipment will be radically beneficial for her in order to contribute to the Wikimedia projects, Strong support --Oscar_. (talk) 16:07, 12 December 2019 (UTC)