Hardware donation program/Meghmollar2017
Your contact informationEdit
Explain your planEdit
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you.
I used to contribute on Wikipedia by mobile at the very first of my journey on Wikipedia. But recently I took some personal mega-projects to be completed on Wikipedia, especially bnwiki. It is very difficult to work on these projects on mobile. Having a laptop will help me a lot on these projects including:
- List of Bengali idioms on bnwiki, works still being done on the Sandbox (sandbox link)
- List of districts of different countries, recently completed Indian one on bnwiki. :)
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- Bengali Wikipedia with local basic articles about Bengali Literature and language.
- Bangladesh administrative units articles both in bnwiki and enwiki. (It is easy to use multiple tabs on computer than mobile.)
Work you're proud ofEdit
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
- Main co-ordinator, convenor, organizer at Wikipedia Workshop held at Notre Dame College, Dhaka. ([bd.wikimedia.org/s/1ss link])
- Reviewer at Notre Dame Wiki Alapon 1.0 article competition (link of Wikipedia project page)
- List of Indian districts page was completed, and I believe this is one of best works as it was among top 50 articles on bnwiki after my contribution.
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- Support Great editors from the global south are worth more than a laptop, but it's a start carlinmack (talk) 22:39, 29 June 2020 (UTC)