Hardware donation program/Felix Nartey
Your contact informationEdit
- your username
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your planEdit
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you. I am a program leader, trainer of Wikimedia projects, a coordinator for the Wikipedia Education program and the patron of Ashesi Wiki Club. I know having a laptop will complement the work I do and improve the effect of my trainings as there often is a real problem of participation due to lack of equipments.
This laptop will not be for me but for participants, as i already have a laptop.
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- English Wikipedia
- Wikimedia Commons
Work you're proud ofEdit
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- Rberchie (talk) 12:15, 22 March 2017 (UTC)
- Shahadusadik (talk) 12:56, 22 March 201 7(UTC)
- Bayelharriet (talk) 14:28, 23 March 2017 (UTC)
- Joy Agyepong (talk)
- --Celestinesucess (talk) 09:21, 30 March 2017 (UTC)
- Skottniss (talk) 14:55, 24 July 2017 (UTC)
- -Hasive • talk • 15:45, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
- --Visem (talk) 13:09, 16 October 2017 (UTC)
- Comment Flixtey, may I respectfully ask why you are requesting a laptop on behalf other users? This program is not designed for this kind of request. I think this request is in violation of the criteria here which suggest that beneficiary must be an active member of the community. To request equipment to be shared amongst your community members, see Grants:Project/Rapid/Learn#Facilities, equipment and materials. With kind regards. Wikicology (talk) 13:12, 24 March 2017 (UTC)
- As I've commented elsewhere, the program does support this kind of request. It does not violate the criteria, and Flixtey is an active member of the community, and meets the minimal edit count requirement. Your devotion to protecting the program would have been touching, if it were not so biased: you did not detect an actual violation of the criteria in this request by your compatriot, for example. Please stop. Asaf (WMF) (talk) 00:02, 31 March 2017 (UTC)
- Asaf (WMF), What are you talking about? What bias? You are the one who really needs to stop taking sides as such attitude from a WMF staffer is unhealthy for the Wikimedia Movement. User:Kaizenify made their request in good faith and the reason he requested for the laptop is compelling. He is a photographer and active member of Wikimedia UG Nigeria. He said "I intend to use the laptop given to me by the foundation to accelerate my present activities as it will help me to edit(retouch) the pictures taken well and also make me upload them on common promptly.'"'How on earth would you expect me to oppose a request like this? Irrespective of weather he's from Nigeria or not. I don't take sides and of course you can go ahead to give them all the laptops, I don't have any problem with that. Regards. Wikicology (talk) 11:25, 31 March 2017 (UTC)
You are encouraged to track the impact this equipment has helped you make. This encourages WMF to donate more hardware.