Grants talk:Project/Rapid/WMDZ/Wiki Loves Earth 2018 in Algeria/Report
New Submission dateEdit
Hello, Bachounda; thank you for submitting this report for Wiki Loves Earth 2018 in Algeria. We are sorry that the funds reached you too late to carry out your planned photowalks, and at the same time we are pleased that you met and exceeded some of your target outcomes. We have some comments and questions:
- In the new fiscal year we've been encouraging all our grantees to scale back on T-shirts. We have recognized that they are high cost items and are also not inclusive as you're limited in getting specific sizes for participants. Please consider other gifts or giving a variety of prizes for your participants in future efforts.
- Congratulations on exceeding your target outcome of 10% of images used in Wikimedia projects; we hope that this can be sustained in future efforts.
- Thank you for including the top images in your report! They look fantastic and it is great to have images of the process as well.
- You mention that something you’d do differently in the future would be to form a group dedicated to the preparation of the competition; how do you think you could do this?
- One of the successes for this competition was your alliance with AlgerianMarkets. What other alliances could you explore to support your future efforts?
Thanks, Lindsey for reviewing the report and happy that's the pictures pleased you, we plan to choose different gift thatnot containing;
- We approve your guidelines for the new exercise; Regarding size constraints for t-shirts, pens, mugs or stickers are a good alternative for the next contest, we will try to find more original gifts.
all participants can take with them and keep good memories and to remind them of the contest and the logos of Wikipedia.
- Each competition has its specificities and this implies, to form a team for every need , to launch the competition and prepare the different stages of the competition.
- We are currently looking for a new e-commerce site that is active in Algeria and offers more references allowing winners to have more choices for their gifts.
Through the Rapid Grant team we reiterate our gratitude to the Foundation for its support to our activities in promoting free and open knowledge in Algeria