Hello Silva.1994, thank you for putting this proposal together and for your repeated efforts to bring the wikipedians of Albania together and for growing the community. I just had a couple of questions regarding your event:
- Can you tell us more about the programs you'll be running at this event?
- What have you learned from previous editions of this event that you hope to implement in this weekend?
Hello WJifar (WMF), thank you for taking some to check our proposal. Here I'm answering your questions regarding the event:
- We still don't have the final agenda of the event since we still have open our call for proposals, but there are already confirmed talks about:
- introduction to the Wikimedia movement (for early begginers) - Wiki Project LGBT (the initiative to add more articles to SQ related to the LGBT community) - Wikimedia Commons workshop - Cultural monuments & natural monuments in Wikidata and GLAM on tour – some impressions
In addition, there are confirmed workshops related to:
- Wikidata; - Wikipedia edit-a-athon in SQ Wikipedia - Wikimedia Commons (adding photos from Wiki Loves Monumens to SQ Wikipedia articles. - Wiki Loves Maps editathon
During the second day we have planned a meetup of our newly created Wikimedia Community User Group Albania in order to plan the activities for the next year.
- We have learned that for most people to start contributing to Wikimedia related projects they should learn the importance of doing that and how such thing can have an impact in our society. For students and people new to such projects this is a bit blurry at the beginning so we plan to start with sessions of talks from people who have been contributing for a while now so they can share their stories and what motivates them. From other editions we have noticed also that people like to learn by doing stuff this is why we decided to have a more hands on approach this year so that people will learn new tools and how to do stuff, and start making their firs contributions.
Another learning has been the fact that bigger is not always better. It is more productive for us to focus on a smaller group of people, with well prepared mentors, if we want to have an easier follow up with the participants so that they contribute also after the event.
This is a summary of what we plan to do during the weekend. Please let me know if you will need further information.