Hello illprincz thank you for your interest in organizing Port Harcourt PhotoFest. While this is a great project unfortunately we will not be able to fund this project. In reviewing your contribution history we found none on commons and it doesn't appear that you have other experienced wikimedians joining you on this effort to guide those that will be participating in the event. We would recommend you start by looking at our program guide on how to plan a photo contest first and doing smaller projects before taking on such a contest. We hope to work with you in the future after you've built up your wikimedia project contributions. Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 22:41, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
- Hi WJifar (WMF), I perfectly understand you. Meanwhile, I reverted the proposal back to draft; and started talking to the community about the project. I mentioned in the proposal that I will be working with the Wikimedia User Group Nigeria, and yes I'll be working with User: Olaniyan Olushola alongside some other guys on his team; and he has agreed to fly over to Port Harcourt and help us execute this project. Regards,WJifar (WMF) --Geekdidi (talk) 18:12, 26 April 2018 (UTC)
- Hello again WJifar (WMF), I recently updated the Grant back to Proposed. Expecting your reply soon --Geekdidi (talk) 14:54, 29 April 2018 (UTC)
- Comment - Geekdidi Please, move this request back to draft as you currently do not have the capacity and experiences required to organize a contest like this. Wikimedia UG Nigeria can only provide support and since you are the one to really coordinate the projcet, I suggets you gain more experience before embanking on this project. Regards. T Cells (talk) 12:05, 4 May 2018 (UTC)
- Comment - Hello User:T Cells, Have you discussed this with User:Olaniyan Olushola ?
And I don't know if this is coming as an opinion from you or the decision of the Wikipedia UG Nigeria. I've had several meetings with Mr Olaniyan and some other people both with WUGN and other orgs. He had assured me and even decided to fly to Port Harcourt to co-ordinate the program. And are also planing to launch a hub in Port Harcourt.
- Geekdidi I have commented here in my personal capacity and my comment here does not reflect the decision of the user group. I am aware of the planning for the Port Harcourt Hub. However, lunching of hub in Port Hacourt and Port Harcourt PhotoFest are two different thing. T Cells (talk) 12:37, 4 May 2018 (UTC)
Hello geekdidi thank you for resubmitting this grant proposal and involving experienced wikimedians to help you with your project. As I encouraged illprincz before I still recommend doing a smaller photo contest and using this program guide. Some of the suggestions that have still not been implemented here are:
- Find a few other volunteers to help coordinate the contest.
- Create a list of monuments, sites, foods, locations, objects or art that are relevant to the contest theme.
- It seems you don't have a clear theme for your project. You have listed monuments, night life, funny/humor moments and ancient landmarks as things you want to take photos of. I would recommend choosing one of these items and creating a list under that you can pursue.
- Organize a jury to select local winners.
- You haven't shown how the contest will be evaluated even though you have listed a large amount for the contest prizes.
- Create an event page or website for your contest and set up Categories and Templates on Commons.
- As I mentioned in bullet point #2 you need to create a list for your contest.
Given that your proposal needs work in all these areas, I am marking your proposal as not funded. I really encourage you to try a smaller event in the next couple of months and participate in a contest like Wiki Loves Monuments in September having increased your contributions on commons between now and then. Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 19:13, 9 May 2018 (UTC)