Grants talk:Project/Rapid/MaroBos/Hatch-A-Wiki Project 2021
Comments from DSaroyan (WMF)Edit
Hi MaroBos, thanks for submitting this Rapid Grant request. We are excited about your plans to activate Wikimedia projects in the languages of the Philippines! I have reviewed your grant application and have some questions and requests:
- We now require all grantees to announce their projects and receive the community feedback in advance. Could you please announce this project and grant on the relevant community pages on the target wiki(s)? Community notification may be most appropriate on a village pump, talk page, or mailing list. Please paste a link into the proposal page to where the relevant communities have been notified of this proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Do you request this grant on behalf of any Wikimedia affiliate? Are you holding a leading position in any Wikimedia affiliate?
- Do you have any past experience in running Wikimedia events? Additionally, do you have any experience in working with Wikimedia projects in Incubator?
- This might be a redundant question, but can you please confirm that all participants are going to be native speakers of Central Bikol and Tagalog languages?
- Are you planning to dedicate each event to one of the target languages?
- Data Allowance - will this expense cover the internet costs of all participants?
- Monthly Communication Expenses (Organizer) - what kind of expenses will this item cover?
Answers to commentsEdit
Hi DSaroyan (WMF),thank you for initially reviewing my first grant request.
- Apologies, I was not able to understand well the instruction but now I have already announced the proposed project on relevant community pages.
- I request this grant solely by myself and I am not involve in any affiliate right now though I am always present in edit-a-thons and meet-ups of other volunteer wikimedians here.
- Yes, I was able to attend the Bikol Wiktionary Trainers' training and Bikol Wiktionary edit-a-thon where I was assigned as the duty officer who secures that the event follows the friendly space policy. I am also a part of the group that was able to hatch the bcl wiktionary incubator. You can still check my history of edits here on Catanalysis when the bcl wiktionary was still wt/bcl. For the bcl wikiquote, you can see also my recent edits. This time I hope I will be able to achieve what we have done the previous year.
- Yes, the participants will be native speakers of Central Bikol and Tagalog languages. I am of Tagalog descent but have been staying in Bikol, so I am fluent of both languages. I would like also to point out that our National Language in Philippines is Tagalog (Filipino) so it is natural for us to be able to speak Tagalog even if we are from other regions. It was part of the curriculum to include Filipino Language as subject from Elementary to Secondary level.
- This is comprised of 12 edit-a-thons. For the meantime, each target language will be having six edit-a-thons each. But, depending on the progress of each incubator project, this will be adjusted as the need arises.
- The internet cost will cover every one-day event, so this are multiplied to 12 events. All participants that are present on the event will be able to use the data allowance.
- Communication allowance are for sms messaging and phone calls. Some participants have no data connection on their phones and it is most effective to do follow up and reminders through text messaging or phone call. I estimate to have at least 3 organizers, with 500.00 prepaid load per month. From this assumption, 500.00 x 3 organizer x 6 months = PHP 9,000.00.