Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Lokesha Kunchadka/Semister Program in Alvas, Kannada and Tulu Wikipedia
Hello, Lokesha Kunchadka (talk · contribs); thank you for submitting this grant request. Please keep an eye on this talk page as we will be reviewing it in the coming days with the hopes of closing approvals for this fiscal year before next week. Regards, MMontes (WMF) (talk) 13:25, 3 June 2019 (UTC)
Wikipedia students association at Alvas college has been doing good work from last two years. The details are here. Faculty member Ashok K G is leading the program as per their page in Meta. Here are my serious doubts about this grant request-
- Ashok K G, faculty member and leader of the program has not endorsed this application.
- Nowhere it is mentioned what way Lokesha Kunchadka is connected with the program. He is neither a student at that college nor a faculty member. He is not a mentor also. His name is not mentioned in their page in Meta.
- Wikipedia education programs are running at Christ University Bengaluru, SDM College Ujire, St Aloysius College Mangaluru, Alvas College Moodabidire from many years without any grant. Students use the computer lab and Internet facilities provided by the college for editing.
- Wikipedia student association activities were conducted successfully at Alvas college during academic years 2017-18 and 2018-19 without any grant. Students use the computer lab at their college for editing. Why does Lokesha Kunchadka, who is not connected with the program, wants a grant for running the program which has been running without any grant since last two years?
- Ashok K G has trained the students. He has also participated as resource person during editathons at Subrahmanya and Sullia. Students Durga bhat bollurodi and Pranavshivakumar also have participated as resource persons in these editathons. While there are people in Alvas College itself who participate as resource persons in other colleges, why does Lokesha Kunchadka need travel & accommodation sponsorship for someone from outside (this is mentioned in the Google spreadsheet)?
- There is already another application by Alvas College Wikipedia Students Association in Wikipedia and Education Greenhouse. Why two applications under different names for the same program?
- There are contradictory statements in the response by Sahana L. Giving the benefit of doubt that this could be due to typo, let me try to answer. This Sahana L has registered in Wikipedia only on June 17, 2019, only to endorse this grant application. This person has just 2 edits in Kannada Wikipedia, that too not much valuable edits. Just added two templates to say that references are missing in the article. And that person is saying "it is already ruining Kannada Wikipedia. We poned our people and were mentally ill". This person has joined Kannada Wikipedia only on June 17, 2019, made just 2 notional edits, and then complains about the health of the Wikipedia. The edits by this person are done from a virtual machine. This might have been be done to hide the IP address. This clearly indicates that this is not a real person but a fake ID created by someone with ulterior motives.--Pavanaja (talk) 14:36, 19 June 2019 (UTC)
- don't discussion irrelevant topic.only Grant discuss --Lokesha kunchadka (talk) 05:38, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
Answer to PavanajaEdit
- .Ashoka K. G. has freedom of expression. It's up to them. No pressure.
- .Kannada Wikipedia community but also a member of Tulu Wikipedians. Alvas College is not a student, or employee. Contact the community and then apply for Grant. Apply to community member also.
- .Clearly mention project goal. Plz read Pavanaja.
- .What to say to people who talk to the jealous. A person who hates a person cannot build a community.
- The green house project has nothing to do with this project. It's different than it is.Alvas campus ೨೦ college.
- .The two men who resisted were the chairmen and secretary, of the karavali Wikimedia user group. These guys have raised oppose in the past. The reason for this is that the program I organized in the past was a fiasco and it was not going to be realized. The blatant disregard for the speech they caused personal abuse. The Pavanajas have caused a lot of trouble in the past. I did not mind it.
- Hello, Lokesha Kunchadka (talk · contribs); your answers does not make any sense to me. Can you please rewrite such a way that it makes some sense?--Pavanaja (talk) 14:23, 19 June 2019 (UTC)
Reasons to opposeEdit
- I have been organizing editathons in some of the colleges around Mangalore since 3 years, Alva's college is one of them. I feel budget is high since we are making use of facilities which are already provided by the college since 2 years
- One of the goals says "recruiting new editors", which is already happening by the faculties of Alva's College.
- I don't think that the College needs outsiderm for training other than advanced trainings. Since we have people who have worked as Resource persons previously.--Dhanalakshmi .K. T (talk) 18:42, 17 June 2019 (UTC)
Answer to DhanalakshiEdit
- .Do you have a program around Mangalore but built a community? The program does not grow up and lead them. The community should be prompted to actively edit. Work as a link between the community. Grant is in need of further assistance to help her.
- .How many colleges do you know in Alvas till Dhanalakshmi? It is important to create Wikipedia users and editors on campus so that the community grows stronger. How well do you want to stop doing this? I will do that.
- .What did you and Pavanaja do at training Agne's College? What did you do in sdm college? I have noticed that some of the students in Alvas have mental violence. For that reason you will not be called. Alvas students needs an advanced training.
- .You are talking about being a follower of Pavanaja. People who do not build a community properly in the area speak from jealous. This is what you want your co operation. --Lokesha kunchadka (talk) 13:49, 18 June 2019 (UTC)
Grant request not fundedEdit
Hello, Lokesha Kunchadka (talk · contribs); thank you for submitting your grant request. We have unfortunately decided not to fund it because we looked at existing efforts in Alvas College and it appears that, indeed, there are efforts underway and we found no need to support duplicate efforts. Thank you again, MMontes (WMF) (talk) 03:36, 22 June 2019 (UTC)