Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Gilbert Ndihokubwayo/Wikimedia Projects Awareness and Edit-a-thon
Comments from DSaroyan (WMF)Edit
Hello Gilbert Ndihokubwayo, thanks again for submitting this Rapid Fund request. We really appreciate your efforts in running Wikimedia activities in Burundi! We have reviewed the application and have a few questions and requests:
- Could you please use your internal mailing list and inform your community about this project in advance?
- How do you plan to track the participants' contributions? Please consider using the Outreach Dashboard to track the contributions of the participants. You can also use the Training section of the Outreach Dashboard to learn more about how to plan and carry out edit-a-thons.
- Will you prepare any list of suggested articles/items for the events? Could you please provide the list of articles you intend to work with?
- Please reduce the number of T-shirts, offering them only to project organizers and top contributors.
- What will “Communication facilities” expense cover?
- You will spend ~19 USD per person for food and drinks. I think that this expense is high, please reduce it to 10 USD per person.
Reply from Gilbert NdihokubwayoEdit
Hello DSaroyan (WMF)! Thank you for your comments on the Rapid Fund request for the Projects of Awareness and Edit-a-thon. Replying to the questions and requests,
- We have already been in interaction with our community about the project through our internal mailing and some physically meetings.
- About the tracking of participants’ contributions, thank you for the proposal of the Outreach Dashboard, I have programed one for our project: https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/courses/Wikimedia_Community_User_Group_Burundi/Wikimedia_Projects_Awareness_and_Edit-a-thon. I will review its functioning, I hope you will be at my disposal in case I should need a help from you on the functioning of the Outreach Dashboard.
- For the events, yes we will go with articles for them we will work with. We especially intend to work on Kirundi articles, and French articles.
- For the number of T-shirts, I have reduced the number according to the project organizers and top contributors.
- The “Communication facilities” expense will cover the charges for internet equipment: router and allied modules.
- The expense for food and drink has been modified and reduced.