Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Advertise it.wikiversity
Hi Gius195 and Samuele2002. Thank you for submitting a Rapid Grant request to use Facebook ads to promote Wikiversity in Italian. We have some concerns about the strategy you have described in the proposal and the high cost of the ads. Although we do encourage experimentation with Rapid Grants, and we have seen that Facebook ads have been valuable for some projects, funding at this level will require a clear strategy for how you will engage with people who click on ads.
- It is not clear how just posting Facebook ads will get new people involved with the Wikiversity program. Do you already have an active community on the Wikiversity FB page? Will it be easy for newcomers to join conversations and learn how to use and add content? Will you provide instructions and additional information to help people who visit or like the page become contributors?
- Please describe how the ads will help you meet your goals of recruiting 5 new editors who contribute 30 new lessons.
- Would it be possible to experiment with Facebook ads using a smaller budget to see if this is a useful way of growing content and community for Wikiversity?
Thank you again for creating this proposal. We hope that your responses to these questions help us get a better understanding of your project. Please let us know if our questions are unclear, or if there is additional information that you would like to share. Cheers, --KHarold (WMF) (talk) 23:38, 1 September 2016 (UTC)
- KHarold (WMF) Scusi il mio italiano. Grazie per aver fatto queste domande. Su Fb non abbiamo ancora una comunità molto attiva sopratutto per quanto riguarda le discussioni ma pensavamo di far entrare gli utenti su Fb sul gruppo che abbiamo creato di It.wikiversity su w:Telegram. Noi per farli conoscere e usare Wikiversity pensavamo di usare il metodo dell'accoglienza e del tutoraggio seguendoli nel primo periodo su Wiki si per me va bene fare una sperimentazione con un bugdet ridotto però bisogna anche sentire Gius195 che in questo momento ha problemi di salute. Grazie per tutto e scusi ancora per il mio italiano (non sono molto pratico a fare discorsi linghi in inglese.... per ora :P )--Samuele2002 (talk) 09:38, 5 September 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Samuele2002, I used Google Translate to read your response, so I am not certain that I understand everything correctly. I understand that there is not an active Wikiversity group on Facebook because the community uses Telegram to communicate. It might be difficult to get people to leave Facebook to learn more about your work and to meet people who can train them. The cost of this experimental project is too high, so we cannot fund it. Have you thought of other ways to make people aware of your Telegram group? You might consider making public posts from your Facebook group using hashtags that relate to education and open access to textbooks, or creating a twitter account and tweeting messages about your work and your Telegram network to organizations and individuals who also work on open education projects. If you decide you want to try Facebook ads, we will consider funding a small amount (under $500 USD), but only if your community begins using Facebook to discuss the project, and makes it clear to people who visit the page how they can get involved. Please let us know if we have not understood your plans, or if you have questions about how to use Twitter to advertise your project. --KHarold (WMF) (talk) 17:49, 15 September 2016 (UTC)