Grants talk:Project/BlackLunchTable/BLT 2018/Final
Final Report acceptedEdit
Thank you for submitting this Final Report. I am approving it now with the following comments:
- Congratulations on running a great project. You met or exceeded most of your goals, and your reports indicates that your staff and your work are continuing to develop new learning and skills.
- I am glad to hear that you are continuing to network with and trade ideas with like-minded initiatives like Art+Feminism, Whose Knowledge? and AfroCrowd. All of these projects, along with yours, have important learning and leadership to offer the movement in terms of our strategic direction's emphasis of knowledge equity. It's great that you are keeping track of one another's work.
- I note your language about developing proxies: "Not an effort to standardize but to determine the critical elements to include, refine, and allow for creative interpretation and adaptation to each location." This is an important distinction. As our movement grows internationally, we need to continue to develop a better understanding of how to walk this line. I hope you will continue to share your learning about this in the movement. Would love to see you contribute to or create learning patterns around this theme.
- I'm not able to view the spreadsheet you linked with metrics from your Outreach Dashboard. Could you set the settings to view all so others can also see?
- As always, so inspiring to scroll through the photos generated through your work, and the way you are making use of it on social media (just followed you on Instagram!).
- I hear that you would have enjoyed more check-ins with me or other WMF staff. I really enjoyed the check-ins we had so much. Your team's work is creative and inspirational for many reasons. I would love to think about how to make sure you have the support you need going forward. Would you value having a final check-in and discuss that, amongst other things?
In regard to your small underspend of $5.57, no need to return such a small amount since the transfer fee would likely be more than the amount you would be sending.
Our Grants Administrator will be in touch with you about closing out your grant.