Grants talk:PEG/WM NL/Annual Program Plan 2012/Report/Q3
Return to "PEG/WM NL/Annual Program Plan 2012/Report/Q3" page.
Report accepted and a few questions about this reportEdit
Thank you for the detailed report: it is accepted.
Please take a moment to answer a few questions about the activities described in this report:
- Section 3, Small activities budget: You mention that you have had low participation from volunteers. Is the plan for a new activity in June you refer to a proposed project from a volunteer or a plan for revising this program? Would you please link to this plan here, or provide a few more details?
- Section 5, Create volunteer guide for partnerships and train volunteers: Would you describe how you are working with other organizations and volunteers within the movement who are developing similar resources? For example, are you building on existing resources to avoid replicating efforts, and are you planning on publicizing your work broadly within the community so that other may benefit from this work? See, outreach:GLAM, and w:Wikipedia:GLAM.
- Section 5, Develop GLAM-tools: Please provide some details about the EUR 40,000 you are devoting to GLAM-tools. Are you using this money to fund projects run directly by WMNL, or are you sending the funds to a partner institution or group of organizations that are doing this work?
Dear Winifred, thanks for accepting our report!
In answer to your questions:
- Section 3, Small activities budget: Last June one of our members announced an idea to submit a request for funding for an activity. In July the request was submitted. In August the activity was carried out. The amount requested was not used. So nothing was spent. Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 20:24, 19 November 2012 (UTC)
- Section 5, Create volunteer guide for partnerships and train volunteers: Our plan is to create a GLAM portal on http://nl.wikimedia.org for this Dutch partnership and volunteering guide. We will of course target a Dutch-speaking audience, and hence highlight several case studies and best practices from the Netherlands, but will also extensively refer to the international resources and cases mentioned on outreach:GLAM, and w:Wikipedia:GLAM. Also, we see the great GLAM portal and brochure by WMDE as an important source of inspiration. Sandra Fauconnier (talk) 11:40, 15 November 2012 (UTC)
- Section 5, Develop GLAM-tools: The specific project that is being referred to, is the so-called GLAMwiki Toolset Project. It is is a collaboration between Wikimedia Nederland, Wikimedia UK, Wikimedia France and Europeana, where a team of developers and metadata experts from Europeana are hired to work on this project. Europeana has excellent expertise in massive metadata donations and image uploads upon which we can build. A steering group with representatives from WMNL, WMUK and WMFR monitors the progress. Sandra Fauconnier (talk) 11:40, 15 November 2012 (UTC)