Grants talk:PEG/WM NL/Annual Program Plan 2012/Report/Q1
Chapter activities vs. grant activitiesEdit
It seems the activity report here has, as you say, "mostly been extracted from the Chapter Reports". Were all the activities described actually funded out of this grant's budget? Activities that were not should not be included in the grant report. Can you confirm all the activities mentioned in the narrative section are actually represented in grant spending? Asaf Bartov (WMF Grants) talk 23:43, 27 August 2012 (UTC)
- The activity reports reflect all activities carried out by Wikimedia Nederland. The income section reflects all income sources, not only the Wikimedia Grant. Planned spending in 2012 exceeds the WMF grant by at least 80 thousand euro as has been specified in the Annual Program Plan 2012. For the year 2012 Wikimedia Nederland has planned to reduce its reserve position by that amount. So not all activities are only funded by this grant budget. A major part is going to be funded by reserve reduction.
- The CoSyne project is an European Union grant funded project carried out by a consortium in which Wikimedia Nederland carries out a small part of the activities - software testing. Wikimedia Nederland received 10 thousand euro in 2010 from the consortium. That amount is a restricted fund on the balance sheet. All costs related to CoSyne that can be accounted to that project will be allocated to that fund. Wikimedia Nederland has to submit a report to the EU consortium.
- Wikimedia Nederland didn't have to pay for the backstage tour at the Teylers Museum in Haarlem. Wikimedia Nederland did pay for the annual WMNL New Year's reception.
- The one-day course on editing in Wikipedia to volunteers in Gouda has been given by a member of Wikimedia Nederland. Wikimedia Nederland received a small onation from one of the partners as a thank you for this course. Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 07:12, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
Spending vs. planningEdit
Considering the low spending (less than 10%) so far compared to the plan, we would like to see an updated budget to determine an appropriate amount for the grant, bearing in mind WMNL is expected to secure its 2013 funding via the FDC process (applying in round 1, i.e. receiving FDC-allocated funding in January 2013).
- Yes, we need additional funding for activities until January. We have an office, we have hired a director Sandra Rientjes. She has hired two additional employees Denise Jansen a database specicalist, and Sindy Meijer, a communication specialist who will both start working October 1st. The European GLAM wiki project has also started in collaboration with two other chapters.
- Overall spending according to Annual Program Plan 2012 is 312 thousand euro. The plan requested a grant of 218 thousand euro. Current estimate of overall spending this year is 259 thousand euro, 63 thousand euro less than orginally planned. Grant request can be adjusted to 155 thousand euro. Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 07:12, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
Some activities are overdue, according to the plan. Given an ED has been hired since, can you offer an assessment of whether WMNL is on track to catch up on activities according to the plan? If not, what is WMNL's plan about this? Asaf Bartov (WMF Grants) talk 23:43, 27 August 2012 (UTC)
An additional question from WMFEdit
- The September 25th version of FDC portal/Proposals/2012-2013 round1/Wikimedia Nederland/Proposal form contains a link to the Dutch version of the Strategic Plan 2013 - 2015. The September 26th version contains a link to the English version of the Strategic Plan 2013 - 2015. So yes, the strategy document is available. Your question about a June meeting can not be answered in Report Q1. Please see Report Q2. We had a meeting in June. A draft was presented and discussed. Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 07:26, 17 October 2012 (UTC)