Grants talk:IdeaLab/Amka Binti Tanzzania Tujenge Wikimedia
Latest comment: 7 years ago by Asaf (WMF)
Return to "IdeaLab/Amka Binti Tanzzania Tujenge Wikimedia" page.
Francis Kaswahili: Perhaps you should gain some experience editing Wikipedia yourself before attempting to train others. It seems to me a necessary prerequisite. Ijon (talk) 01:44, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
- thank you, Ijon may be you are right but remember no body gain a knowledge with starting and nothing you can do without dare. I thought that you want to come in Tanzania to help our idea instead of discouraging, do you? Francis Kaswahili talk 12:59, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
- I am not trying to discourage you; I am encouraging you to actually contribute to the Wikimedia projects. You have been active here on Meta for about three years now, but you have not contributed appreciably to any of the projects, despite the large amount of time you spent on elaborate Wikimania bids and other project plans. All our aggregate experience in the movement suggests that one must first gain a working knowledge of our free knowledge projects by doing, before one can effectively advocate for them or train and inspire others to join them.
- This tendency to put the cart before the horse seems to be your general mode of operation: you also routinely present yourself as involved with "Wikimedia Tanzania", an organization that does not exist and that the Affiliations Committee is yet to recognize, and you suggest that 20 Wikimania scholarships are available to Tanzanian girls when they are not.
- I repeat my suggestion that you spend some of the time you clearly devote to cultivating these planning pages on Meta to learning something about the actual working of our different communities, using some of the ample help resources available.
- As for your suggestion that I help in Tanzania: I have already been supporting the community of actual editors in Tanzania, a community you are apparently not connected to. Most recently, WMF funded a gathering of Swahili language Wikipedians in Tanzania, and sent them some offline Wikipedia USB devices too. Asaf (WMF) (talk) 23:51, 22 May 2015 (UTC)