Grants talk:APG/Proposals/2017-2018 round 2/Wikimédia France/Proposal form
Merci chers collègues de Wikimédia France pour ce "proposal". Gardez un oeil sur cette page où nous vous poserons des questions le cas échéant. A très bientôt, Delphine (WMF) (talk) 13:51, 3 April 2018 (UTC)
Questions from the FoundationEdit
Bonjour :) Quelques questions de base pour être certaine que nous partons sur les mêmes définitions. / A few basic questions to make sure we are working with the same definitions.
Your grantee defined metrics are:
- Volunteer hours
- Partners satisfaction
Both seem to be interesting metrics to keep in mind, but I have questions about both.
- on the volunteer hours: how do you calculate them? Delphine (WMF) (talk) 07:04, 8 May 2018 (UTC)
- on the partners satisfaction: you put out an 85% number, but it is not clear what the 85% number actually refers to. You are talking about a suvrvey, so I am assuming that this 85% is somehow a percentage of answers to a certain question or a certain set of questions. Can you give us more information about what kind of questions you will be looking at and which will need to have to have an 85% result? Merci. Delphine (WMF) (talk) 07:04, 8 May 2018 (UTC)
- @Delphine (WMF): The reporting of volunteers hours is a legal requirement in France. As part of the redesign of our impact reporting method and to better value the investment of volunteers, we are redefining our system of activity report. A page on Meta or an online form system should serve us in the short term to trace the various information related to Wikimedia activities carried out during the year. Among all informations we wish to collect, we will ask for the time spent by the volunteers to organize and supervise an event. A first indicative grid was designed with some wikimedians in 2015 and we will reuse it while adapting it. Concerning the partner's satisfaction, a specific survey was regularly sent to our various partners (GLAM, Education, local authorities). We intend to partially reuse them in order to compose a new and more complete survey. Among the questions we will reuse, some are directly related to satisfaction. Some example :
- Are you satisfied with the conditions under which the partnership was designed?
- Do you feel that each party has to respect the expected contribution?
- During the action, were you satisfied with the (professionalism, availability, pedagogy, involvement) of the members/employees of Wikimedia France?
- In your opinion, have the objectives of the partnership been achieved?
- Would you like to work/continue working with Wikimedia France again?
- Would you recommend to another organization to work with Wikimedia France?
- Hello @Delphine (WMF):,
- This table shows the evolution of the revenues and expenses of the chapter since 2012. Until last year the FDC represented 60% of total revenues of the chapter. So a drop of the FDC have a huge impact on the total revenues of the chapter. And unfortunately it was not possible to quickly increase the other revenues sources. The total revenues will decrease from 25%-30% at the end of the year.
- We followed budget variances on a quarterly basis and a reforecasted budget was realised in February. This allowed us to cut some expenses. But we also had to deal with many exceptional expenses (governance audit, legal advice, crisis management advice, 2nd Annual General Meeting, departure costs) that represents 190k€.
- All this explains the important decrease of the operating reserves. But we didn't let deficits run out of control. The important deficit is caused by the first half of the year ; the result of the second half of the year (from January to June) is very slightly negative (-4000€). Pyb (talk) 09:50, 14 May 2018 (UTC)