Grants:PEG/Michel Castelo Branco - Wikimedians in Brazil/WikiBrasil 2012
IMPORTANT: Please do not make changes to this page now. They will be reverted.
- This project has been funded, completed, and a project report has been reviewed and accepted by WMF Staff.
- To review a list of other funded submissions by fiscal year, please visit the Requests subpage, and to review the WMF Grants Program criteria for funding please visit the Grants:Index.
This project was funded after the project completion date listed in the approved grant submission. The grantee was or is required to submit a complete report with documentation of expenses prior to any funds being released.
- Legal name of organization or individual requesting this grant
- Grant contact name
- Michel Castelo Branco
- Grant contact username or email
- wikimediabrasil at wikimedia dot org
- Grant contact title (position)
- Project lead name
- Michel Castelo Branco
- Project lead username or email
- michelcastelobranco at gmail dot com
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Full project name
- WikiBrasil 2012
- Amount requested in USD
- Provisional target start date
- Oct 2012
- Provisional completion date
- Nov 2012
|Cost per unit
|Total cost |
|Rio de Janeiro||191||3||573||281|
|Hotel/Hostel at downtown - 2 nights||120||3||360||177|
|Rental of 5 TV + 5 Notebooks||2,850||1||2,850||1399|
|Reserves (15% of the total)||2,079||1021|
WikiBrasil 2012 is the first national meeting of the Brazilian community, planned to be held in São Paulo in October 2012, with the participation of volunteers from seven different cities. With this project, we want to promote WMF projects and to get more experienced in organizing such events, preparing ourselves for organizing regional meetings in the major cities in Brazil in the next six months. Also, we plan to define collaboratively the main projects to be done by Wikimedia Brasil with the participation of the community in general. The attendants will present the past and the present of Wikimedia Brasil Movement, and they'll have the opportunity to define our future actions, during creative sessions (unconferences, working groups, panels and general discussions).
|Time||Friday, October 12||Saturday, October 13||Sunday, October 14|
|08:00 – 09:00||Welcome coffee|
|09:00 - 10:00||Opening||Future activities
Unconference: GLAM, Wiki Loves Monument, Communication, Law (copyright, law project on Internet), etc.
Synthesis of the plans for the next months
|10:00 - 12:00||Lighting talks
Past & present activities
Presenting results of the working plan and defining schedules, working groups, resources needed
|12:00 - 13:30||Lunch|
|13:30 – 15:30||Present activities
Unconference: Brazil Program, Education Program, Languages (Nheengatu, Esperanto, Arabic), Events (Campus Party, Wikimania, Iberoconf), etc.
Small groups will propose action plans for each topic
|15:30 - 16:00||Break|
|16:00 - 18:00||Wikimedia Brasil
Unconference: Next steps, legal requirements, General Assembly, ideas for the internal procedures, etc.
Presenting results of the workshops
|Night||Happy Hour/ Meetups / Free time|
Project scope and list of activitiesEdit
Funding for this project will pay for travel, accommodation and transportation expenses of the attendees of WikiBrasil 2012, as well as the venue location, catering and equipments to be used during the conference.
Fit to strategyEdit
The project align with WMF Strategic Plan to increase participation and reach in countries of the so-called Global South and to improve quality in projects that we are more involved in. In order to achieve this, we intent to organize a national meeting to be held in São Paulo, during which the attendants will be able to define the next steps of the whole movement, including the Wikimedia Brasil chapter activities.
We expect to present us as a potential partner to run the Brazil Program.
Measures of successEdit
We will consider this project a success if we get:
- 25 ideas for activities to be done in the next 6 months;
- a good general feedback from the attendees.
- CasteloBrancomsg 21:15, 5 October 2012 (UTC)
- Solstag (talk) 21:17, 5 October 2012 (UTC)
- Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton m 21:43, 5 October 2012 (UTC)
- For grantees
If you are the grantee or representative that wrote this grant submission, you may request changes by using these links: