Grants:PEG/WM MX/Wiki Loves Monuments 2013
- Official project name
- Wiki Loves Monuments 2013
- Project start date (include month, day, and year)
- 1st September 2013
- Project completion date (include month, day, and year)
- 30 November 2013
- Please describe the project in 1–2 sentences
- Wiki Loves Monuments is the contest of Wikimedia movement. In Mexico we conduct a series of activities in order to strengthen participation in the contest and the formation of new communities related to it.
- Currency requested
- Amount requested in currency requested
- Equivalent amount in US$ on the date of this submission
- List the exchange rate used to calculate the amount listed in US$
- MXN$0.07869 per dollar (quoted from oanda.com on 15 August 2013)
See the eligibility requirements for more information.
- What is the official name of the organization requesting this grant?
- Wikimedia México A.C.
- Are you an organization, an individual, or an individual submitting on behalf of a group?
- Are you a for-profit entity?
- Are you able to provide local proof of nonprofit status within your country?
- Does your organization currently employ any fulltime or part-time staff or contractors?
- Primary contact name
- Iván Martínez
- Primary contact username or email
- ivan at wikimedia.mx
- Primary contact title (position within the organization)
- Secretary, Salvador Alcántar Morán, salvador.alcantar at wikimedia.mx
- Project lead name
- Carmen Alcázar
- Project lead username or email
- Wotancito carmen at wikimedia.mx
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Coordinator of the contest
Goals and measures of successEdit
- Project goal
- Successfully perform of the Wiki Loves Monuments contest in Mexico.
Measures of successEdit
- Measures of success
- Overcoming the number of photos of the last year.
- Increasing the voluntary basis of Wikimedia México in Mexico City and Puebla.
- Realization of at least 3 related activities in Puebla, Guadalajara and Mérida.
Project scope and activitiesEdit
This section describes what will happen if this project is funded. Who will do what, and when?
- List of activities
- Thanks to an open call and a strategic alliance with fotofestin, the universitary contest of photo, Wikimedia México will increase the support of their voluntary communities. We want to make with them workshops and training in order to make faster and optimal the processes related to the contest through that voluntary basis (events, revision of the contest photos with professional criteria). Also, we want to increase the participation in the contest through public activities such as talks, guided photowalks and a panel by proffesionals related to the contest themes. With the funds requested, we will give a t-shirt to volunteers (as a form of identification and a small gratification), and another T-shirt with the logo of the contest to most of the participants in the social activities in Mexico City, Puebla and Mérida. We also plan to strengthen the dissemination of competition with stickers and posters, and in the end, an exhibition of the winning photos. For the 2012 exhibition, the exhibition began in November 2012 and is currently exposed in schools! We want to print again into an exhibition of winning photos of 2013.
Budget and resourcesEdit
Please provide a detailed breakdown of project expenses according to the instructions here.
Grantees are subject to line-item scrutiny of expenses. Changes to the approved budget beyond 10% in any category must be approved in advance.
- Project budget table
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Cost per unit||Total cost||Currency||Notes|
100 pieces for Mexico City: 40 for staff and volunteers and 60 for photowalks
40 for photowalks in Puebla
15 for photowalks in Jalisco
15 for photowalks in Yucatán.
|MXN 50||MXN 8500||MXN$0.07869 per dollar||~$669|
|2||T-shirts||Sending of the t-shirts||1 sending trough conventional 3 day parcel||3 sendings||MXN 500||MXN 1500||MXN$0.07869 per dollar||~118|
|3||Stickers of WLM||WLM México logo stickers||1 sticker||4000 stickers
2500 pieces for Mexico City
1000 for Puebla
250 for photowalks in Jalisco
250 for photowalks in Yucatán.
|MXN 1.33||MXN 3000||MXN$0.07869 per dollar||~236|
|4||Posters of WLM||WLM México posters||1 print||1000 prints||MXN 2.00||MXN 2000||MXN$0.07869 per dollar||~$157|
|5||WLM Expo||WLM expo||Printing and signs related.||10 prints and signs related in vinil.||MXN 12000||MXN$0.07869 per dollar||~$944|
- Total cost of project
- 27,000 MXN
- Total amount requested from the WMF Grants Program
- 27,000 MXN
See a description of nonfinancial assistance available. Please inform Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) of any requirements for non-financial assistance now.
- Requests for non-financial assistance
- Central notice banner, Press release by WMF.
- We had a successful competition in 2012, organized by a small staff and a short budget, achieving the most number of photos, more related events and partners in Latin America and Iberocoop chapters.
- This year we have more voluntary basis and the growing interest of a greater number of people involved in the project's success.
- We've got ready sponsors for the remaining items (prizes, awards, venues, diffusion).
In the sections below, please describe how the project is related to the Wikimedia mission and Wikimedia's strategic priorities.
Fit to strategyEdit
- How will this project support the key organizational objectives of
- increasing reach
- the contest will increase the contact and awareness in Wikimedia projects.
- participation: we want to include as a regular contributors in chapter and Wikimedia projects all the new volunteers that will participate in the organization of the contest.
- organizational maturity and effectiveness: Wikimedia Mexico will grow trough the inclusion of new stakeholders and enthusiasts of Wikimedia projects in at least two cities outside their regular area of scope in Mexico City.
- If the project will benefit a specific online community, please tell us.
- This project will directly benefit Spanish Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons.
- Please provide a brief statement about how the project is related to other work in the Wikimedia movement. For example, does the project fit into a work area such as GLAM, education, organizational development, editor retention, or outreach?
- This projects includes areas as organizational development of Wikimedia Mexico and general outreach of the chapter.