- Legal name of chapter
- Wikimedia Eesti
- Grant contact name
- Ivo Kruusamägi
- Grant contact e-mail
- Grant contact title (position)
- Board member
- Project lead name
- Ivo Kruusamägi
- Full project name
- Start up
- Amount requested (in USD)
- $ 6000
- Provisional target start date
- August 2010
- Provisional completion date
- December 2011
Budget breakdown edit
- "Wikipedia in schools" project: $ 1200
- Visiting ca. 40 schools around Estonia. The transportation costs would be around $ 600.
- There will be conducted a survey about usage and knowledge of Wikipedia among students and teachers − $ 400.
- To provide a lunch to the people that go there to give lectures about Wikipedia and conduct a survey − $ 200.
- Travel: $ 1200
- To cover the transportation costs for the people who take part of the chapter meetings and chapter activities (for example: go somewhere to give a lecture about Wikipedia).
- All other (i.e. 2011) projects: $ 1800
- To cover the costs of projects planned for the year 2011.
- For example: a big Wikipedia conference in autumn 2011, to start the cooperation project with the local municipalities (about the articles of municipalities, towns, villages etc.), projects with the museums and unions, project to get new texts for Vikitekstid (local Wikisource), new picture collecting operation (similar to current Vikipeedia:HELP), arranging meetings for Wikipedia writers, etc.
- As we are very successful with working with minimal budget (or even without that) then this is still realistic to achieve all that listed before.
- Legal fees: $ 600
- Promotional materials: $ 600
- All other expenses: $ 600
- For renting rooms, printing out materials, buying office materials and so on.
Project scope edit
All the projects are in the different stage of planning but to conduct them we need money. When we get this chapter up and running then we hope to get the future funding from the state and from donations.
Project goal edit
The goal is to make as many successful projects from that money as possible. Show that Wikimedia Eesti is a successful organization and ensure the financial sustainability by gaining local sponsors.
Non-financial requirements edit
There are no non-financial requirements.
Fit to strategy edit
The project will call into existence a large amount of different projects that will hopefully help to get more people contributing to the project, increasing people awareness of Wikipedia and boosting up the development of Estonian and Võro Wikipedias.
Other benefits edit
We hope to can get a lot positive media attention with our projects, which may also persuade more people to give their materials out for free.
Measures of success edit
We will consider this start up a success if many projects are carried out and the chapter becomes well known, good working and financially supported.