- To get started with the Wikimedia Eesti.
Description of actual activities:
- "Wikipedia in Schools" – 15 schools were visited, lectures were held, survey still needs to be summarized (answers from 1000+ students).
- Most of the activities are still waiting to be carried out and they are listed in Start up II. Those activities will be described in Start up II Report.
What lessons were learned that could help others succeed in similar projects?
- At first we planned to visit 40 schools (after detailed plan was made: 35 schools around Estonia – 2 schools from each county + 4 from Tallinn + 1 from Tartu). But we soon find out that many schools were not interested of lectures about Wikipedia and so we visited only 15 schools. That also changed the budget ($ 1200 → $ 260). So this generated the need to look over the budget breakdown in start up grant and so the "Start up II" was formed.
What impact did the project have on WMF mission goals of Increased Reach, Increased Quality, Increased Credibility, Increased and Diversified Participation?
- Estimated audience ~1200–1500. Demographics of audience was mostly 16–20.
Detail of expenditures:
- 180,16 € ($ 263) was mostly spent for transportation
Amount underspent in US Dollars:
- 6000−263 = 5737 $
Will you be requesting re-allocation of remaining grant funding?
- Yes. We would like to re-allocate all the remaining grant funding to Start up II.