Grants:PEG/WM CZ/Mediagrant/Folk costumes, traditions and customs in Bohemia, Moravia and Silesia
- Legal name of chapter
- Wikimedia Česká republika / Wikimedia Czech Republic
- Grant contact name
- Grant contact user-name or e-mail
- Grant contact title (position)
- WM CZ grant coordinator
- Project lead name
- Matěj Baťha
- Project lead user-name or e-mail
- User:Jedudedek | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Full project name
- Folk costumes, traditions and customs in Bohemia, Moravia and Silesia
- Amount requested (in USD)
- Provisional target start date
- 1 July, 2010
- Provisional completion date
- after that all granted funds are used, estimated time is about one year; either the annual report will be provided if the term will be prolonged more than for 3 months or closing report if it will end up within 15 months
|item||count||average cost (in USD)||total (in USD)|
|administration / cooperation with data suppliers||500|
|Bigger folklore festivals|
* Total 20 nights (4 nights on 5 festivals) - festivals usually take 4 days and start from early morning, so it's necessary to come a day ahead.
Note: In case of taking pictures of other objects from related grants (Czech Municipalities Photographs, Acquiring scientific and specialized pictures, Documentation of Czech observation towers, Vernacular architecture), expenses will be covered from involved grants according to the ratio of gained material.
There are many regional costumes and traditions, which survived until these days in the Czech Republic. This project should cover whole range of these cultural monuments.
The scope of this project is a detailed documentation of a wide range of folk costumes, traditions and customs in Bohemia, Moravia and Silesia. Grant money will especially cover transportation costs and entrance fees on previously selected folklore events. In cases, when participant would need to stay on site for a longer time, he/she will be supported by covering accommodation costs, not to spend more money, coming home and back another day. The other aim of this project is to get vocational texts for these images (i.e. texts, which can be used to create new encyclopaedic inquiry on Wikipedia or at least a description of the image). To fulfil this aim, the lead of the grant (or other volunteers) will cooperate with specialists on the text.
The approval of Video camera grant would help the creation of accompanying documentation to images.
Fit to strategyEdit
In the means of this project, a lot of quality images (or video spots if possible - see Non-financial requirements) of folk costumes, traditions and customs in Bohemia, Moravia and Silesia will be taken. Of course, they will be released under the open licenses. Also many related articles on Czech Wikipedia might be completed.
Popularization of WMF's project within folklorists and possible future cooperation with them on the projects of WMF.
Measures of successEdit
This project will be considered successful, if detailed photographic (and, if possible - see Non-financial requirements, also video) documentation of a minimum of 5 folk costumes, 5 traditions and customs (e.g. procedures of Easter Egg painting, jízda králů, maypole erecting, folk dances, etc.) and 250 other pictures or videos related to this project will be taken.