Grants:TPS/ircpresident/Creative Commons Global Summit
Proposed participation Edit
"I work at Global Voices Online and an active Wikimedian in both Arabic and English. I will be presenting about Global Voices and the use of Creative Commons"
Goal and expected impact Edit
"As a result of my presentation, participants will understand the potential of producing in creating commons and in the same time gain profit"
Budget breakdown Edit
- Travel (round trip airfare from CAI to ICN): USD 1500
- Accommodation: USD 37.5 per night x 4 nights = USD 150 (Booked here: https://www.booking.com/hotel/kr/global-guesthouse.en-gb.html)
Other instructions Edit
- Would you like us to book flights or hotel for you? If so, please let us know here!
I already booked via booking.com here: https://www.booking.com/hotel/kr/global-guesthouse.en-gb.html I would like you to book my flight (departing from CAI in the 9th of October, and leaving ISN in the 18th of October. I will cover the pay of hotel for the rest of my daysin Seoul). Also just asking that it doesn't route through Turkey (as it needs pre-security authorization, and if it was denied, I wouldn't be able to fly) or Saudi (as it probably needs a visa).
- Do you need advance disbursement? If so, please let us know here, and make sure you are submitting this request at least 1 month before the event.
I think it is probably too late for that.
I was informed by Jessica Coates that Creative Commons cleared it with you the scholarship, thank you very much!
- Mohamed ElGohary is one of CC's leading scholarship applicants. We believe he is well-poised to contribute significantly to the event and to the broader open web community. Specifically, he has set out to: 1) contribute conversation about content under CC license while still generating income, 2)
encourage translation of CC content whenever possible, and offering translations under CC, and 3) encourage cooperation between NGOs working on content and translation, as Global Voices, Wikipedia and Creative Commons. Rlendl (talk) 21:51, 18 September 2015 (UTC)