Welcome back from Wikimania 2015!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Вікіманія 2015, a page with short description of the sessions attended (in Ukrainian)
- our post about Wikimania 2015 on wikimediaukraine.wordpress.com
- I have also shared my experience during wikimeetups with other wiki(m|p)edians and I also plan to use our future Ukrainian Wikiconference in September as an opportunity to share more. Feedback will be also useful to prepare for CEE Meeting 2015 in Estonia and WMUACON 2015.
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Grants:Learning patterns/Improving your building photography, the topic was raised by MichaelMaggs during lightning talks at Wikimedia Conference 2015 in Berlin (that's why we have asked him to be a jury member of Wiki Loves Earth 2015 in Ukraine :))
- Grants:Learning patterns/Framing survey questions, Grants:Learning patterns/Asking the right questions are useful for creating surveys
- Grants:Learning patterns/Evaluating project outcomes, Grants:Learning patterns/Feedback cycle, Grants:Learning patterns/Learning from patterns are useful for reporting
- Grants:Learning patterns/How to get diverse presenters at your conference (from a gender, Global South... perspective), Grants:Learning patterns/Keeping documentation of discussions with team, Grants:Learning patterns/Meals during conferences, Grants:Learning patterns/Planning effective conference sessions are useful for improving events
- Grants:Learning patterns/Bytes added to or removed from Wikimedia projects (to understand how it works for WMF)
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- a page Wikimedia Ukraine at Wikimania 2015 at wikimania 2015 was created. I believe that Wikimedia Deutschland was the first to create it. I believe that it is a very good idea to have such a page to show who is attending Wikimania and what there will be presented from this of that affiliate. it actually helps to reduce and the chaos and helps to connect with people that you want/need to meet (you can see the pictures and connect them to users and topics, and even if you miss this or that session, you can easily find the person you need). on the whole I am pleased with quality time I have spent with other participants during this Wikimania.
- during CEE Meetup we have discussed the future Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2015, the deadlines for submitting grant proposal and programme were set etc. we had a chance to ask folks from WMF (namely Asaf, Anna) to come to the event and to deliver talks and presentations. as the result we have also Jaime and Amanda coming to the meeting with Learning & Evaluation Topics
- it was also a great opportunity to meet people from local organising committees of Wiki Loves Earth (some issues have been resolved during Wikimania even). among them are Bachounda, لا_روسا, Nabin K. Sapkota, User:Beppo.S and Raimund Liebert, Ilario and many others
- I had a chance to meet with Spiritia, Smirkybec and other wikivictims of 100wikidays :)
- a couple of serious talks (with KLove about FDC; with Jalexander about Russian fallback in Ukrainian wikiprojects etc)
- also I had a chance to meet lots of other wonderful people to get inspired from
- I had a chance to attend the pre-conference days. I have presented Wikimedia Ukraine's financial program for tracking of expenses and reporting developed by Ilya during Learning Day for Wikimania Mexico
- WMCON Follow-Up Day at Wikimania 2015 was a great opportunity to reflect on Wikimedia Conference 2015 in Berlin and to start planning Wikimedia Conference 2016. I am very grateful to Wikimedia Deutschland (namely Nicole Ebber and Cornelius Kibelka) for working hard to improv this annual Wikimedia event
- NickK, Ата and I have created Wiki Loves Earth leaflets to be presented at Wikimania 2015