Welcome back from Wikimania 2014!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to a learning pattern - either a new pattern you created with insights from your participation, or an existing pattern to which you added your endorsement and some significant new "considerations" or “examples” from your experience.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants worked on at the Hackathon, or to pages created in a workshop you participated in).
- I used the free time and helped in several projects including pywikibot and Persian Wikipedia and Wikidata.
I have to explain a little, I got additional scholarship and since the embassy is closed in Iran the WMF agreed to pay the money for travel to UAE and wait there until the result come (because as regulations passports have to be in the embassy during the visa process). So I had to stay in UAE for 23 days. My flights were the exactly one day before the visa appointment and one day after collecting passports. I had a presentation in Wikimania 2014 and because of my track of travels I was hopeful to get the visa but it didn't happen and I couldn't participate in Wikimania 2014. Amir (talk) 17:22, 13 August 2014 (UTC)