It was my first time to participate in Wikimania. It was a great pleasure to me to be a part of such conference where volunteers around the world share their experience, knowledge, idea to others. I found the conference as an open source of knowledge. There were two more participants from my country Nabin and Biplab. We have shared our experience in our community in Nepali language.
- Biplab Anand from Nepali and Maithili Wikipedia - It was my first encounter with Biplab. We (Nabin, Biplab and me) discussed about all aspects of Nepali Wikimedia User Group. We planed future programs, shared knowledge and implemented some learnings from wikimania in Nepali Wikipedia. Now we are able to share articles directly into Facebook, Twitter and Email by clicking a button in side bar. I learnt different technical skills from him.
- Nabin K. Sapkota from Nepali wikipedia. We talked about further plans.
- Richard Knipel from New York Wikimedia Community. In a short meet we discussed about collaboration between Wikipedians of Nepal and New York Wikimedia Community. We talked about organizing an wikipedia outreach program for Nepali community living in New York.
- Lane Rasberry from New York Wikimedia Community. We discussed about a open collaboration between Wikipedians of Nepal and New York Wikimedia Community. He encouraged us to present all the activities in Metawiki. He has promised to help Nepali Wikimedia group for documentation procedure. We talked about organizing an wikipedia outreach program for Nepali community living in New York.
- Rashiq from Germany and Kiwix developer-I met him for the first time on Wikimania 2015 during WikiMED meet-up. Later we (Nabin and me) discussed about the latest released offline versions of Wikipedia article on Nepali Language.
- Edward Galvez - Talked about formation of chapter. He was in our stall in community village. We got chance to share all completed and future activities of Nepali Wikimedia User Group.
- Jake Orlowitz from Wiki Library. It was amazing to know he is good to speak Nepali. In a short meet-up during wikimania we discussed about starting Wiki Library Project in Nepal.
- Ivan Martinez from Wikimedia México. We got chance to present a Nepali hat to him as a token of love. It was great to know that he has created an article about Nepali hat in Spanish Language.
- Veronica Torres from Mexico City. She was new to wikipedia when we met in breakfast time. Now she is active in Spanish Wikipedia. I am mentoring her to write articles and upload pictures in commons.
- Ravishankar from Wikimedia India Chapter - It was my first encounter with Ravishankar at a Meet-up and discussed about the possible collaboration among SAARC and Asian Wikipedians.
- Dineshkumar Ponnusamy from Tamil Wikipedia community - Encountered at Indic Language Meet-up
- Satdeep from Punjabi Wikipedia- Discussed about the collaborating projects between two communities.
- Netha Hussain from Malayalam Wikipedia and Med-Glam - Encountered at Indic Language Meet-up
- Nahid Sultan from Bengali Wikipedia and Wikimedia Bangladesh -Encountered at Indic Language Meet-up and discussed for collaborating projects between two communities along with SAARC and Asian Wikipedians. .
- Bodhisattwa from Bengali Wikipedia- We met at Indic language meetup to sort out our future plans and possible collaboration to bring SAARC countries wikimedians under one umbrella.
- Manoj Karingamadathil from Malayalam WikiSource - Encountered at Indic Language Meet-up
- Viswa from Malayalam Wiki Community- We met at Indic language meetup and discussed for collaborating projects between two communities along with SAARC and Asian Wikipedians.
- Ahmed Nisar from Telugu and Urdu Wiki Community - We met at Indic language meetup to sort out our future plans and possible collaboration to bring SAARC countries wikimedians under one umbrella.
- Muzammil from Hindi and Urdu Wiki Community - We met at Indic language meetup to sort out our future plans.
- Thamizhpparithi Maari from Tamil Wikipedia community- We met at Indic language meetup to sort out our future plans and possible collaboration to bring SAARC countries wikimedians under one umbrella.
- Vira Motorko from Wikimedia Ukraine- We met at Wikimania-2015 for the first time as we already worked before for Wiki Loves Earth.
- Jaluj from Wikimedia Argentina- We met at Wikimania-2015 for the first time and discussed about people and cultures of both Nepal and Argentina. Further we discussed about writing articles related to the people and cultures of both the country in both the language(i.e Nepali and Spanish).
It was the first time three wikimedians of Nepali Language were selected for the scholarship to attend wikimania. There was a separate stall for Wikimedia Nepal User Group in the community village of Wikimania 2015. Our stall was visited by many wikimedians around the world. We shared our experience and talked about different unique projects of Wikimedia Nepal.
After presenting all of our activities we learnt that we have to share the activities in Meta. We have got many connection who can help us to ask for grants for different activities we are doing in Nepal.
We shared how Wiki loves monument 2013 helped us to save pictures of historical monuments which are destroyed during 2015 Nepal Earthquake.
- Shared opinion and challenges regarding Wikimania at NE. Wikipedia Village Pump
- Media coverage in Nepal’s No.1 ranked daily newspaper