This is Harsh Kothari, from Gujarati Wikipedia Community. I am right now working on a project called |Mediawiki Extension : ActivityMonitor. It is a tool to monitor recent changes in real time I have been a Google Summer of Code intern in Wikimedia Foundation in summer, 2013. Moreover, I am mentoring at Google Code In for Wikimedia Foundation. I have been contributing in Wikipedia and Mediawiki for last 2 and half years, and as a volunteer. I have also been involve with different outreach programs across Gujarat. I also worked on http://2015.wikiwomen.in.
- PyCon SG 2014
- FOSDEM 2014
- Open Source Language Summit, Pune
- Google Dev-Fest, Rajkot
- Open Source Bridge, Portland, Oregon
- Mediawiki Gadget Kitchen workshop at GNUnify.
- Mediawiki Gadget Kitchen workshop at avenir .
- 1st ever wikipedia workshop of Gujarat at L.D. College of Engineering.
- wikipedia workshop at lets nurture, Ahmedabad.
- Presented gujarati wikipedia at Gujarati Sahitya Parishad.
- Presented gujarati wikipedia at Ahmedabad National Bookfair.
- Conducted outreach session for wikipedia at Rajkot and various places across gujarat.
I will deliver one 1 hour workshop on Basic of MediaWiki Gadgets and Extension making.
Goal and expected impactEdit
FOSSASIA is renowned open source conference across ASIA and developers from different parts of ASIA as well as from the world will attend the conference. This thing is very important. I am delivering workshop on MediaWiki Gadgets and Extension. This user scripts , gadgets are the easiest possible ways to start contributing to MediaWiki. Thus, it will be helpful to get newbies start contributing and will thus turn out good for MediaWiki. The ultimate goal is to make the participants familiar with the gadget, userscript, the concept and technology behind it with some practical gadget making session.
This event is in Singapore which is growing as a IT hub in ASIA. So these thing will definitely lead to increase reach and technical participation in MediaWiki as well as Wikimedia movement from ASIA. Right now, there is very less contribution from ASIA region to MediaWiki. This talk will be helpful to get some newbie developers to contribute to MediaWiki.
- Travel (round trip airfare from Ahmedabad to Singapore) : 430 USD
- Accommodation : USD 40 * 4 = 160 USD
- Visa : 30 USD
- Local Expense : USD 80 (20 per day) (if any amount remains unused I wholeheartedly will return it )
- Total : 430 + 160 + 30 + 80 = 700 USD