Welcome back from Wikimania 2017!
Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- I increased the amount of information available to my communities online by:
I used every opportunity to make connections. I had particularly useful conversations with users from Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaidjan, Basque Country, Bulgaria, Canada, Estonia, Finland, France, India, Iran, Israel, Italia, Japan, Jordan, Germany, Mexico, Netherlands, Republic of China/Taiwan, Serbia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, U.K. & U.S. My lightning talks were attended by about 20 people each time. I am particularly looking forward to reviving Small Wiki Collaboration Community together with Basque, Catalan & other colleagues that attended respective Meetup.
- Based on my contribution to m:Wikipedias in the languages of Russia, as well Wikimedia Russia offline events & online discussions, while in Montreal colleagues invited me to prepare a handwritten application & on Aug.29 @ the meeting in Moscow have formally voted me into Wikimedia Russia membership
- My post conference to do list
- Wikimedia Russia activities to be institutionalized following best practices of Wikimedia chapters in Germany & Netherlands, Scandinavian countries, South Africa and India, to name a few
- I intend to organize tt.wp, ba.wp, wmru & other Russia' Wikimedian community representatives' delegation to Azerbaijani Wikimedians User Group event in Baku @ the end of November 2017, as well as Wikimedians from Russia's Far East to engage in planning & implementation of ESEAP Conference 2018