Please see the sample Travel application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Increase awareness of Wikimedia projects
- Increase audience of art lovers who would otherwise not attend a edit-a-thon
- give the opportunity for people to see me perform who normally do not have access to the museums and events I am at
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is the purpose of the event you're attending and why is it important that you attend?
- I plan to speak and perform at the art+feminism wikipedia event on April 26/27th in Paris at the Swiss Cultural Center. I have served as an A+F ambassador for multiple year and will be one of the only people present with extensive experience running edit-a-thons. In addition, I will do a live painting performance for the people in attendance using my robotics devices.
2. Will you be presenting at the event?
- yes, I will be co-hosting the A+F edit-a-thon at Centre culturel suisse Paris, April 26-27 2019
3. What kind of outreach activity do you plan to do?
- twitter, facebook and instagram as well as direct emails to collectors, curators and academics in paris and its area to attend. I have a following of over 30,000 people from within the art world.
4. How will you let other participants know about your outreach activity?
- see above. I will also offer an online live stream of the performance with the correct hashtags for wikipedia A+F events for people who cannot make it to Paris in person on youtube and instagram/fb.
5. Do you have a specific networking plan? (e.g. specific people, organizations, groups you would like to develop partnerships with)
- Yes, Palias de Tokyo, Hermes Foundation, Galleries Lafayette are all places where I have direct personal contacts who I will invite to attend and post to their social media about
6. What is your plan to follow-up with new contacts?
- I constantly maintain contact with the A+F network and new attendees by offering them my contact information so I can continue to support them in future efforts
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets as applicable:
- Number of presentation attendees: 120
- Number of new potential partners: 10
- Number of outreach activity participants: 95
- Number of new editors: 30+
- Number of of articles created or improved: 20+
I am co-hosting an edit-a-thon at the Swiss Cultural Center in Paris on April 26-27 and we are currently designing the infrastructure and article targets for this event. My attendance/contribution is part of this larger edit-a-thon to assist them in running the event for the first time, as well as contributing my professional expertise to the afternoon of panels/lectures
What resources do you have? Include in-kind donations or additional funding.
- currently I may receive up to 200 Euros from the venue but they have not confirmed this yet. This would cover about 20% of my cost
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
airfare + train/metro from airport into city: 483.94Euro hotel: 325.47 (apx 108 per night) materials: 200 (paint, canvas, robotic sweeping pads)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!