Grants:Project/Rapid/johnjoy12/Wikimedia Fan Club University of Ibadan Meetups and Editathons in the 2021/2022 Rain Semester
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- 2 trainings and 2 editathons
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I have informed the Wikimedia User Group Nigeria []
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Participants will be informed of the editathons and trainings through the club's WhatsApp group as well as its Facebook pages.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- User:Johnjoy12 (President, Wikimedia Fan Club, University of Ibadan)
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants are expected to bring their PC's and/or mobile phones and we will support them with internet connection. Participants who are not skilled will be trained and engaged by the experienced Wikimedia editors in the club.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- During the event, participants will be asked to provide their phone numbers. After the event, they will be added to the club's WhatsApp group where follow-up and feedback will take place.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18jk8wF_BrQr-zALAG6ifXyYYchDnP6sdGiaL9HZSv64/edit?usp=sharing 8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 4
- Number of participants: 50
- Number of new editors: 15
- Number of of articles created or improved: 140
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 30
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and drinks - USD5 x 40 x 4 = USD800
- Swag for organizers and top participants
- Hoodies (Facilitators) - USD20 x 2 = USD40
- T-shirts (5 Top Participants) - USD15 x 5 = USD75
- Jotters for participants - USD10 x 50 = USD500
- Internet - USD50 x 4 = USD200
- Camera rental - USD25 x 4 = USD100
- Projector rental - USD10 x 4 = USD40
- Branded Nose Mask - USD100
- Hand sanitizer - USD30
- Roll up banner - USD45
- Contingency Funds - USD50
Total - USD1980
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!