We will begin with the State of Rajasthan because it is most famous for its majestic forts, Thar desert, beautifully built temples and havelis, beautiful city of Lakes (Udaipur). Slowly, we will move to other states of India.
Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal
- Introduce Wiki Loves Monuments project to existing and new contributors of Wiki Commons, and share all about Wiki Loves Monuments and its purpose to Indian people.
- Capturing monuments of Rajasthan with the help of a team of 10+ skilled photographers. We will collect photographs of monuments, time-lapse videos, videos of local people etc.
- Recruit loyal contributors (professional photographers and non-professional) to Wikimedia projects.
- Create and upload the list of Rajasthan monuments.
- Encourage more hard-working and skilled people to contribute to Wikimedia.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
The State of Rajasthan is full of cultural heritage and beautiful ancient monuments.The contest will focus on collecting good-quality images of Rajasthan monuments to Wiki commons for Wikimedia projects.
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- We have 10 skilled core photographers on our team, and we are continuously recruiting more of them. Also, anyone who wishes to join us will be invited over for photo walks. There will be 3 photo walks including at least 7 photographers in each walk.
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- Walks will be focussed on capturing the monuments, creating time-lapse videos of local communities, slow-motion videos. Monuments, culture, and local communities of Rajasthan will be the main points to capture. According to the IBEF report, "Tourist arrivals in the state, from 2015-16 (up to December 2015), reached 36.66 million." Historic palaces, especially those in Jaipur and Udaipur are the main capture points with increasing number of tourists visiting wildlife sanctuaries and desert locations.
- As I researched, the media content for this State is required on Wikimedia currently as very less content is currently there on Commons.
3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- Volunteers and contributors will add all uploaded images to respective articles in Wikimedia projects during and after the contest. The photographer team will be well-informed of the condition that photos will be used for Wikimedia projects.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high-quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- The participants are skillful people who have been into photography from long times and running their Instagram photography pages with a good number of followers. Most of the photographers have own resources for capturing good quality images and for the remaining(3-4 members), we have planned to provide them better quality capturing devices on rent by using the financial support from Wikimedia.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We are beginning with the Jaipur city of Rajasthan state and have planned to eventually cover rest of the parts of Rajasthan state. This project is a beginning of our journey of contributing quality photos for Wikimedia projects. We will be bringing together a great team of photographers together to support us for this first step in our venture of capturing monuments of India. We've also brought this to the notice of State Govt. and they are ready to help us in publicity of this event, to attract more great photographers.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants: 10 core photographers, 2 event organizers, and at least 10 interest based participants.
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 100+ quality photos (for the first month, this will increase in the coming months once we successfully conduct this walk)
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: at least 40% of total photos uploaded.
- Number of people reached: at least 5000 people
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Resources: We have a dedicated team and most of our team members have good-quality image capturing devices. We are mostly dependent on funding from Wikimedia, though we can take care of some additional costs on our own. Various good and cheap transport facilities to different places are available from our place. We have planned to ask for donations during outreach for making this project a huge success.
- Organizers - The event will be organized by Saloni Garg and Amit Sagtani. They are entrepreneurs and have recently been to a 15-day, fully sponsored USA trip organized by the Government as a part of an entrepreneurial competition won by them. Both of them are entrepreneurs and are driven by a spirit to change the world. Both are Open-Source enthusiasts and have been contributing and actively following Wikimedia. Both of them are natives of the State of Rajasthan.
- Saloni Garg: She is a travel enthusiast and has served as a travel guide voluntarily several times before. She knows well about the monuments of Jaipur.
- Amit Sagtani: He is a photography enthusiast and is connected with a good network of skillful Photographers within Rajasthan. Also, he has an appreciable event management experience, and has organized many large scale events before.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount. Project Budget
|Category||Purpose||Quantity||Price (USD)||Total (USD)||’Summary'|
|Orientation||Venue||2||$80||$160||This includes first launch event and second conclusion event. This events will be for uploading and awareness. (Both Venue and Snacks)|
|Branding & Stationaries||T-Shirts||15||$8||$120||T-shirts will be given to the best and most active 15 photographers, chosen by the event organizers.|
|Stickers & Badges||40||$2||$80||Stickers to all the core and interest-based participants|
|Printed Best Images||15||$5||$75||We will get the best images printed.|
|Communications & Outreach||Transport and Internet||5||$19||$95||Internet will be used to upload the pictures and Transport for the photographers.|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!