Grants:Project/Rapid/abubakarsadiqahmad2018/Wiki for Kaduna State University
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- To learn more about the Wikimedia Hausa community site i.e., how is been used/operate.
- The project will engage students on ways to use the Wikimedia Hausa site like creating account, editing, translation, etc.
- The project will engage students on how they will improve, edit, or translate so many things into Hausa Language in the Wikimedia Hausa community through their mobile phones, such as people culture, different ethnicity, political happenings, history, world economy, contribution of different philosophers and scholars to the developments of world scientifically or socially, world geography etc.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- I will carry out training to engage the Kaduna state University students on the below objectives e.g., making the Wikimedia Hausa community more, recognizable and well known among the fellow students of Kaduna state university, teaching students on how they will contribute their quarter in Wikimedia Hausa community site by coaching them how they will involve them self’s as users in translating/editing activities through their mobile phones or laptops, such as people culture, different ethnicity, political happenings, history, world economy, contribution of different philosophers and scholars to the development of the world scientifically or socially etc.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- External social media that may be used include:
- Facebook – A group will be created in the Facebook website that will allow users, in order to mate with participants on-line, it will provide an avenue for participants to their thought and opinions about any development about the Wikimedia Hausa community.
- WhatsApp – The WhatsApp application was another instrument that will be used to create group for participants for easier communication. However, the WhatsApp is more familiar among the participants.
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- As the participants been almost students issuing an announcement and reaching to them will not be so difficult. First, as every department or faculty in the school have their student association since from the department level, faculty level, up to the overall campus with some few among them as the leaders, so every participant will know about any update with regard to the edit-a-thon through their department or faculty leaders. However, there will be social media groups for the participants such as WhatsApp, Facebook, e-mail account, and ordinary phone text message which will be used as a channel for communication and issuing announcement or information about any development.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- Yes, currently I have one User:Umar Ahmad2345
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, most of the participants with regard to the (equipment) have their Android mobile phones with them, with some few that owned laptops. So, we will engage both of them with their available equipment’s. However, with regard to skills both of them were literally and physically skilled as they were already been in the University system and social media activities like charting with friends, such social media include Facebook, WhatsApp, Video Chart, Instagram etc. So, they are well experience and skills individual and they have the capacity to contribute more.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- I will engage the participants through social media via groups that were been created already about any development or achievement, and dealt with problem or issues been reported by the participants (i.e., anything that may come around about what they have learned so far or they need some clarification about some issues), and see how we will go forwards.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project as stated in the summary is one of the kinds, due to the fact it will immensely contribute in making Wikimedia Hausa more recognizable in Kaduna State University. Wiki for Kaduna state University therefore, will base his objectives in attracting so many students to be participants or engage in the Wikimedia Hausa community editing and translation activities and encourage them to engage their fellow colleagues into it.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- There will be two (2) physically training events.
- The participants of the training events will be fifty (50) in number.
- The numbers of new editors will be thirty (30) in number accordingly.
- A number of thirty (30) articles will be created or improved.
- The number of repeat participants was zero (0).
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I Abubakar Sadiq Ahmad will lead this project, as an active user with acoount: Abubakarsadiqahmad2018 and I will get support from my experience colleague in coordinating and delivering the project, and coaching the students during the physically training session, these colleague include User:Umar Ahmad2345 and I am not receiving any additional funding or donations from anywhere else.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- As for the whole events that will take place physically/on-line there will be provision of Data subscription for the participants which will cost: = $200
- All the participants will be taken care of their means of Transportation for the entire physically events which will cost: = $150
- For Refreshment, drinks and snacks will be provided for the participants to be comfortable and strength during the session which will cost:=$250
- For Identification a customize T-shirt will be issued to the participants which will cost: = $200
- With regard to the current pandemic there will be appropriate precautions in place. This includes the provision of Facemask/Sanitizer and other necessities. which will cost: = $150
- For better interaction, fast learning, and not to leave others behind, the physically training of the events will scheduled or held in a well-accommodated Hall with the presence of computers/Projector that will be used during the events. which will cost: = $550
Total in local Currency (Naira) = N616,527 Total in US Dollar = USD$1,500
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!