Grants:Project/Rapid/Yusuf Sa'adu/Wikimedia Promotions and Awareness in Azare
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Online promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
- Offline promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
- Recruites new editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media.
- We will spend seven days running the Program. In the first six days I and other participants will be touring Azare town especially important places including schools distributing Flyers containing Wikimedia Foundation informations. And we will keep people informed about the Wikimedia Foundation. But we will focus on Hausa Wikipedia. We will also focus on photography of Monuments, Buildings, Cultures and Foods to promote Commons.
On the last day we will also host an event which will be a Workshop and Edit-a-thon of Hausa Wikipedia and Commons
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I will announce them mostly via Social media, but already I've discussed with some Participats before applying. I'm also announced in Hausa Wikimedian User Group Discussion page
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
- I have organised and facilitated in so many Wikimedia projects
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- I will create a WhatsApp group which I will continue engaging the participants.
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Yes I have Risk Assessment Tool
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project will be the first of its kind in Bauchi State.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of people reached - 1000+
- Number of campaign participants - 5
Number of events Participants - 40
- Increase in pageviews for a Wikimedia projects
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- * I Yusuf Sa'adu will lead the event with the help of
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|S/N||Item||Quantity||Unit Cost (NGN)||Total cost (NGN)||Total cost (USD)||Notes|
|1||Training space||1||150,000||150,000||360.88||cost for the training venue.|
|2||Data (internet access)||1||40,000||40,000||96.23||Data for internet access during the trainings|
|3||Projector renting||1||20,000||20,000||48.12||Laptop and Projector will be rented for the event|
|4||Food and refreshments||45||3,000||135,000||324.79||40 participants to participate for the training + 5 Facilitators|
|5||Bus tickets||5||2,000||10,000||24.6||Bus tickets of Facilitators from accommodation to event's hall|
|6||Banner||1||40,000||40,000||96.23||Banner to be used during the training and for future initiatives|
|7||Certificate||40||40,000||40,000||96.23||Certificate will be distributed for the Participants|
|8||Food & Beverages||7 Days trips X 5persons||3,000||105,000||252.62||Refreshment for Facilitators during the trips.|
|9||Transport||7 days trips × 5 persons||3,000||70,000||168.41||A vehicle will be hired for Facilitators transportations.|
|10||Transport of Facilitators||5||10,000||50,000||120.29||This for Facilitators transportations from their places to Azare|
|11||Accomodations||5×7days||10,000||350,000||842.05||For Facilitators accomodations in Azare|
|12||COVID 19 Assessment||--||--||30,000||72.18||For COVID 19 Assessment|
|13||Fliers/pamphlets/Tags||--||50, 000||50, 000||120.29||To be shared during trips|
|14||Branded Wikipedia T shirt||5||5,000||25,000||60.15||This is for Facilitators|
|15||Contingency fees||During the whole event||50,000||50,000||120.29||for contingency|
|-||TOTAL PROJECT COST||1||1,165,000||1,165,000||2,802.84||**Forex rate used is $1 = 415.65, provided by the Central Bank of Nigeria|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!