Grants:Project/Rapid/Yoruba Wikimedians User Group/Follow up training for Yoruba language students of Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
The goals of this project are outlined below
- Recruit new editors of Yoruba Wikipedia
- Improve the quality of contents of Yoruba Wikipedia
- Increase contents on Yoruba Wikipedia
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
- Participants would include selected students and lecturers of Yoruba language department of Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education. It's a two-day event and the program of activities is documented below.
|Morning Session(Day 1)|
|10:00AM - 10:30AM||Registration||All|
|10:30AM - 11:00AM||Opening remark||User:Agbalagba (President, Yoruba Wikimedians User Group)|
|11:30AM - 12:00||Introduction to Yoruba Wikipedia||User:Agbalagba|
|12:00 Noon - 12:30||Break||All|
|Technical Session 1|
|12:30PM - 1:00PM||Wikipedia account & Sockpupettry||User:Kaizenify|
|1:00pm -1:30PM||Diacritical marks configuration/settings||User:T Cells|
|1:30PM - 2:30PM||NPOV||User:Macdanpets|
|2:30PM - 3:00PM||Lunch|
|Technical Session 2|
|3:00PM - 4:00PM||Content Translation Tool||User:Agbalagba|
|4:00PM - 5:00PM||Questions & Answers||All|
|5:00PM - 5:30PM||Votes of thanks||User:Olaniyan Olushola (President, Wikimedia Nigeria Foundation)|
|Morning Session(Day 2)|
|10:00AM - 1:00PM||Contents translation||All participants|
|1:00PM - 1:30PM||Tea Break||All participants|
|1:30PM - 4:00PM||Contents translation cont'd||All participants|
|4:00PM - 4:30PM||General discussions||All participants|
|4:00PM - 5:00PM||Votes of thanks||Head of department, Yoruba language|
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Series of trainings
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- National Newspapers
- Official mailing list of Yoruba Wikimedians User Group
- Social media platforms (e.g facebooks & Twitter)
- Various WhatsApp groups
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will create a mentorship page to follow up with participants and there would be a separate WhatsApp group for participants
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- If at least two trainings are organized
- If at least 50 people participate
- If at least 20 new editors are recruited
- If at least 10 new editors continue to contribute, three months after the trainings
- If at least 50 articles are created or improved
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Free Hall
- Events facilitators and other volunteers
- Keeping events safe
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount. This is the budget breakdown for the workshop
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|Total Cost of Event|
(Sumtotal :NGN610,000 (USD 2000 )).
|1||Food||50||6000||300,000||19.67||983.60||This would cover the cost of meal and tea break of participants for two days|
|3||Internet||1||25000||25000||81.96||81.96||This is the cost of Internet for the two days events|
|4||Transportation for event facilitators within Lagos||5||10000||50,000||32.78||163.93||This will take care of transportation of volunteers to-and-fro for two days (5,000NGN per day)|
|5||Food for facilitators||5||10000||50000||32.78||163.93||This will take care of feeding for facilitators for two days|
|6||Projector, generator rental||2||30,000||60000||98.36||196.72||This would cover the cost of projector and generator rental|
|8||Certificate of participation||50||1000||50000||32.78||163.93||Participants who fully participate in the workshop will be awarded a certificate|
|11||communication||1||20000||20000||65.56||65.56||This is for phone calls & internet before and after the events|
|12||Internet data support for mentors||4||10000||40000||32.78||131.14||This is to provide internet for volunteer mentors after the event|
|13||Contingency||1||15000||15000||49.18||49.18||This is for unforeseen expenses|
|Grand Total: NGN610,0000 (USD 2000) for the events|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!