Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
- Add or improve content on Wikimedia projects
- Engage existing Wikimedians
- Increase members of Wikimedia User Group Tchad
- Create awareness about Wikimedia projects.
- Promote open educational resources in Chad
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We plan to do training and editathons for a period of one month
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Visuals and banners will be made available to the members of our User Group for communication on their personal social network accounts.In collaboration with the club, we will make posters in the school
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, we have enough experienced Wikimedians
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
Yes, the participants have equipment to participate in the project. However, they lack the skills to contribute to Wikipedia, the proposed training and mentor-ship program are meant to cover for the gaps.The training room has computers for those who do not have a computer
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- There will be mentor-ship program.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project was designed to involve female students in free movement in general and the Wikimedia movement in particular. It also allows us to have female contributors within our user group to fill the gap.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- 4 training are organized
- at least 50 people participate
- at least 30 new editors are recruited
- at least 100 new articles are created or improved
"What resources do you have?
What resources do you need?
- Food and drink = $130 x 4 events = $520
- Internet connection- 50x 4= $200
- Training room rental= 70x4= $280
Total = 1000 USD