Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
We will promote it at our social media page Wikipedia Shqip. First post is here. It will be promoted at Open Labs and Flossk Mailing list, and It will be promoted from the organizers at their social media page, the booth and the meeting will be part of the agenda as well.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
Yes, Leon(userːKurioziteti123) and myself are experience users with contribution mainly in Albanian Wikipedia. Rilind(Userː Pazzx) as well has good knowledge on editing. There will be other Wikimedians volunteers at the event like Userː Planeti(sq wikipedia adm, with more than 35.000 edits) that will support us specially if people will show up interest to start editing right way.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
Our main goal is to get as much as we can new editors and after that to do offline workshops to teach them how to write good articles.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
We will register people that will show up and will do at least 2 workshops till September 2017. One In Albania and one in Kosova, and will invite everyone who will show interest.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of new editors-->at least 20 new editors
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events); at least 5 of the newcomers to be long term editors
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Table cloth branded Wikipedia||70€|
|Printing Flyers in Albanian Language||100€|
|Transportation of materials||10 €|
|Costume fee for swags||50 €|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- In one of the largest open movement events in Albania, this infoboth has the best chance to attract/recruit new Wikipedians into our community. Liridon (talk) 21:06, 5 May 2017 (UTC)
- Important to show presence at this major open source event in Albania especially as Wikipedia is not a big topic in the presentations calendar. Albinfo (talk) 15:56, 10 May 2017 (UTC)