Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos at Maun Technical College (MTC)
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- There are so many photos donated to the Wikimedia Commons repository, and thousands of these images do not have representationin any wikipedia articles, therefore this contest will help use pictures in articles.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Through Email
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- e will judge based on the number of photos used per article.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We will train people how to use Wikimedia commons media repository
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The people i am targeting have a good connection of the internet in their institution
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants 10 participants
- Number of photos used on articles : 250 images used on articles
- 100 Articles improved with photos
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Project organiser/Lead at the institution = Myself (User: Naomi Moeng)
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- MTC has a good internet connection at the institution, so for this project i will target the college students who will not require any funding for the use of internet.
- We only need funds for Prizes i.e funds to get the hampers, universal serial bus devices, hards drives, an a tablet = $500
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!