Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Obtain photographs for Colombian municipalities, with emphasis in those that don't already have.
- Involve new volunteers with activities.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest focuses on Colombia in general. We want people to document their vacations in the most diverse ways, so Colombian food, events, people, places, buildings, etc. can be illustrated. In particular, as last year we'll try to motivate people to illustrate places that don't have photos in Wikimedia Commons; that would be specially useful as a way of picturing the country as a whole.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Via Wikipedia CentralNotice, through Facebook (with the help of partners and with the use of ads) and other social media accounts of the group.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- There will be 2 kind of prizes: those awarded by a jury and those awarded by a public election process. The former is the way we run the main contest, while the later is a way to get people more active in our social networks and to get more followers
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- As last year, we'll have a special prize to award people who photograph places with few or none already existing images. This will make easier to add those images to the Wikimedia projects.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- It's the third time we run the contest, and the sixth time we run a nationalwide contest. Last year, we tried to get photos from municipalities with none or few photos in Commons. This year we'll try to get even more photos from those municipalities
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: we expect at least 100 participants. Ideally, we expect more than 175.
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: we expect 1000 photos uploaded to Commons. Given that we'll give some emphasis to photos of new places, even a relatively low amount of photos may be very useful.
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: we expect more than 40 photos to be used in the Wikimedia Projects.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- 3 team members: User:Racso, User:Sahaquiel9102, User:Remux. All of them have organized Wikimedia contests before.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Prizes for winners
This year the prices will be gift cards (Amazon, Ebay, Librería nacional or whatever the winner chooses), this way we don't have to pay shipping. It will be in total 3 prices for the photographic contest:
- First place - 300.000 COP Gift card
- Second place - 200.000 COP Gift card
- Third place - 150.000 COP Gift card
Also we will give several small prices:
- Prize for uploading the largest number of photos on Commons - 20 000 COP Gift card
- Price for the best photo from a town that has few or none photos in Commons - 20 000 COP Gift card
- Prize for uploading on Commons the largest number of photos from a town that has few or none photos in Commons - 20 000 COP Gift card
- Prize for having the highest number of photos in the TOP 10. - 20 000 COP Gift card
- Prize for the best photo of a monument. - 20 000 COP Gift card
- Prize for the best nature photo. - 20 000 COP Gift card
- People's Choice prize: For the photo with most "likes" on facebook. - 20 000 COP Gift card
- Participation Prize: Prize to be raffled among all participants who have uploaded more than 10 photos.
- Total cost in prizes: 810 000 COP
While we'll use Wikipedia's sitenotice as our main advertisement hub, we plan to use Facebook ads for showcasing the contest and our group.
- Facebook ads: 200 000 COP
- Total cost in ads: 200 000 COP
- Logistic costs
- Extra margin (bank fees, other unknown expenses): 50.000 COP
- Total logistic costs: 50 000 COP
- 1 060 000 COP (353 USD)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!