Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- To engage new and existing contributors of the community.
- To add freely licensed, and quality images of natural heritages of Nepal to Wikimedia Commons.
- To spread awareness about ways to contributing media contents to Wikipedia and its sister projects.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
The contest will focus on freely licensed and high quality images of natural heritages in Nepal, that will be contributed to Wikimedia Commons for free usage and spread its importance by its utilization in Wikipedia articles. The competition is important because it give us exposure of our natural heritages. Promotes physical meet ups between the Wikimedians. Spread the messages outside the existing community.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Social Media promotion
- Photo walk event
- Photo Ride
- Partnership with like minded organizations
- Tell a friend
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We will invite Jury from different expertise; people from the Wikimedia community and well-known photographers. Prizes will be in term of photography goods and a trophy. The jury will determine the winners of the local and international contest taking into the consideration the following criteria:
- Technical quality (sharpness, use of light, perspective, completeness of exif data etc.);
- Originality and creativity;
- Potential usefulness and overall value of the image (including its licensing) to the Wikimedia projects.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
We will utilize those uploaded resources in Wikimedia projects by one of the dedicated member in our team looking at the usage rate. Communicating with the contributors and organizing orientations during photowalks and photo rides.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 120
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 1800
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 600
- Project budget table
- 1 USD = 105.90 NPR as of 23 April 2018.
|Number||Item description||Unit||Qty||Cost per unit NPR /USD||Total cost USD||WMF contribution (USD)||Other sources (USD)||Notes|
|1.1||Main Prizes||per nomination||3||300||300||3 best photos: 3 for top-3 best photos|
|1.2||Additional Prizes||person||1||50.00 USD||90||90||Prizes for the top contributor by numbers of photographs uploads. This encourages more people to actually participate in the contest, and upload more photographs to win.|
|1.3||Special prizes (WLE T-Shirt)||person||10||10.00 USD||100||100||The prizes is for the top ten contributors by numbers of photographs upload.|
|1.3||Special prizes (WLE Certificate)||person||110||1.00 USD||110||110||The certificate is for the all contributors who takes part in the competition.|
|2. Jury and Award Ceremony||705||705|
|2.1||WLE T-Shirt||Activities/ Main Event||15||10.00 USD||150||150||WLE T-shirt for Volunteers and Jury Members.|
|2.2||Hall rent||event day||1||100||100||Hall rent for the award ceremony in Kathmandu.|
|2.3||Food & Beverages||event day||1||160||160|
|2.4||Travel expenses (for jury members)||person||5||270||270||To the awards ceremony.|
|2.5||Transportation expenses (within the city)||way||Volunteers||25||25|
|3. Prizes delivery||50||50|
|3.1||Post expenses and telephone charges||project||1||50||50||Sending prizes and certificates to users who could not attend the ceremony.|
|4. Wiki Loves Earth outreach||645||645|
|4.1||Wiki Loves Earth: Local Outreach events||project||200.00 USD||600||600||We expect to organise local outreach events in at least 3 cities/towns. This will include (depending on the city/town): where we organise a Photo Walk with our volunteers and photographers. Cost will include: travel and accommodation in respective cities/towns for workshops. We might organise more events if we get financial support of local partners.|
|4.2||Meetup Space||project||45.00 USD||45||45||For the discussion among the volunteers and Meetup. We expect that our local partners provide the cost.|
- Total cost of project
- 2000.00 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!